CHAPTER II. PART II. - Homewrecker

I woke up in a pleasant and peaceful Sunday morning. I sat up and got ready to go downstairs for breakfast. As always, Jemma has prepared everything on the table- tea, bacon and eggs, and some had coffee. James and Justin joined us also, tasting Jemma's delicious cooking. After we all ate I immediately went to the bathroom to take a shower. As I let the cold showerl pour over me, I thought of what I might do today- the new cases, a little friendly bonding with my buddies: James and Justin, lunch with- oh.

I was wide awake at the shower away from my daydreams, the thought of Evangeline Smiths made anger wash over me again. Oh how much she hoped she really expected me to come over for lunch! Oh how I pity her. A few minutes later, I got out of the shower and dressed myself up into something formal- only I forgot why I did it. I saw the file of Evangeline Smith's case... I looked at it disappointed and furious; in my distress I threw it in the garbage can. I went downstairs again and grabbed a newspaper as I sat down the sofa. "You we're going somewhere today, Dan?" Justin asked, noticing my clothes. "No, no. I'm not going anywhere." Justin looked at me in confusion, but sighed. James came in with exciting news, holding a file in his hands. I guess he found an interesting case.

"Erm, Dan..?" He approached, "I saw this file on the garbage- are you okay? You don't usually throw files like these on the garbage can! Specially since this is really interesting."

"Interesting? How interesting is it?" I faked, I knew it was Evangeline's.

"It's the case of Evangeline Smiths! Her case is really great and she's a really pretty w-"

"Shut up! I don't want a case!"

"Dan? I don't think I'm talking to the Dan I knew..."

"I'm- I'm sorry..." I mutter, I looked at him sorrowfully. The pain Evangeline left me... wasn't just a stab from a syringe- she left a scar on my heart, a weird feeling. The remembrance that you really loved someone- but she used you. But, where did I get that thought? I don't love her, I don't love her, I-- 

I felt myself sob in front of my friends, I buried my head on my hands and I uncontrollably was starting to tear up.

"D-Dan? Dan... speak to me! Are you al-"

"I said shut up!" I shouted, "I'm alright okay?! Stop asking me if I'm alright, heaven's sake! Leave me be and let me grieve!" I stood up and placed the newspaper on the coffee table; I saw the newspaper reveal a little paper sticking out inside. I grabbed it and read the short letter:

"I'm sorry if you're not feeling well. Oh look- its almost time for lunch, come to me if you feel a bit depressed. I can't wait... meet me at exactly 12:00nn -E. S. 💋"

I tear escaped from my eye as I finished reading the letter and looked at the time- Its 11:25am! I grabbed my keys and ran onto my car outside. I started the engine and drove to Evangeline's address.

I did not know why I feel like going to Evangeline. I can't really get my thoughts off her. Why is she so important? Why is she so- familiar... 

A memory of Evangeline smiling appeared in my mind. She wasn't like when I saw her the previous day, she was- young. And yet she was still so beautiful. I was holding her hands as we walked to the park. I bought her a bouquet of flowers and I felt my heart skip a beat. We were staring at each other was the sun sets in the distance and we kiss-