Chapter Two, Playmates

• Dedicated to Pauline Grace Forteza

Chapter Two, Playmates

Mariah sat down on the blanket. The girl then looked up to see a flustered Lovino, unsure what to do. The black-haired girl patted the space beside her, signaling the boy to sit with her.

Lovino looked down at the space beside Mariah. He just shrugged to himself and sat down. The Italian then looked around, seeing that his brother and two sisters were playing, with That potato-freak, even Juan was playing with them. Typical. “So..” He started. “What are we supposed to do?”

“Supposed?” The Filipina looked at Lovino. “Well, how about we play a game, huh?”

“What Game?”

“Hmm,” The seven year old looked up at the sky, wondering. Then she came up an idea. “ How about.. Twenty questions! You’ll ask a question and I answer it, then I’ll ask a question and you’ll answer it!”

The ten year old raised a brow. “ Okay.. ” He said. Lovino then thought about some questions. “Ah, What is.. Your favorite color?”

“Yellow, of course!”

“Yuck.”

“Oh poo,” Maria said. “ I’ll ask a question. What is this?” She pointed Lovino’s Curl. The girl then leaned forward to touch it.

“N-no..!” Lovino whined. Once her hand was there to pull, Lovino silently cussed in italian. Then only Mariah released when she saw Lovino was flushed cherry red.

“Sorry!” Mariah giggled. “I didn’t know. I’m sorry Lovi.”

“Don’t call me that damn it!”

The two kept going on their game.

Antonio watched them intently, with a smile on his face. The Spaniard then looked at the other kids. Katarina was pulling his little Juan’s arm to her side while Felicia was pulling Juan’s other arm to her side.

“Give him to me..!”

“But It’s my turn to play with him..!”

“Aiiee…” Juan whined. “Can’t we just play together?”

Antonio laughed. What a joy. He then looked at Ludwig. The little german boy was picking some flowers nearby. Probably for little Feliciano, He thought. Then Gilbert was nudging Feliciano to move to the blonde. Maybe teasing him to kiss the lad. The Spaniard sighed in relief. Atleast they’re having fun outside these days..

Julianna picked up the paper plats up. “Kids!” She yelled. “It’s time for snacks!”

The children ran to the tree. Only leaving Mariah and Lovino walking hand-in-hand.

“I guess they’re already childhood sweetheart, ee?” Julianna nudged Antonio. “ Look at them! So young and innocent! How lovely!”

“You’ve been reading too much Romance novels, Julie.” Nicole groaned. “As if you’re picking those novels rather than your husband. Are you making love with them?”

“What!? No!”

Antonio laughed at the two fighting. It was just like old times, like they were just children fighting and teasing over everything. If only Stella and Michiko was here with them..

“Uncle Toni! Uncle Toni!” Feliciano ran to hug the brunette. The Spaniard laughed how Feliciano grew up and still a hugger. “Luddy made me a Flower crown! Look!”

Antonio looked up to see a crafted flower crown ontop of Feliciano’s head. “Ooh,” Antonio chuckled. “He did made you one..” Then something ontop of his head was placed.

“Eh?”

“Papa!” Juan said cheerfully. “ Andres and I made a flower crown made from sampaguita’s!”

The father just laughed. He looked at Andres, who was flustered how he was called out that he made the flower crown too. The boy then went to the picnic basket and off to eat instead.

“Mama! Mama!” Felicia cried. “Katarina wants Juanito all by herself!”

Julianna looked down and patted her crying little girl. She giggled, seeing those rosy cheeks again at her sight. She then looked at Katarina, who was Crying, too.

“B-b-but Felicia had Juanito all by herself Last time!” Katarina whined. “I-It’s not fair! She didn’t shared him to me!”

Antonio and Julianna looked at each other, and then at Juan, who was now just silently eating his sandwich.

“Playmates. Typical.”