Chapter 2

I can feel my body slowly regain feeling, my head is slightly pounding but nothing I can't deal with. I try to open my eyelids, but it feels like I haven't slept for years. 

I finally open my tired eyes remembering what had happened in English. I can still need the electrical impulse throughout my body but they aren't as strong. I look around room and realize that I'm in the nurses office, in one of the back rooms on a cot  and to the right of my cot is a very hot guy named Ash, who doesn't look too happy. 

"Geez, who pissed in your Cheerios's" I say without even thinking.  

My comment only made him tense his jaw and look even more pissed than what he was. Great whatever it was, it was my fault. 

As my brain starts to function properly, like ten seconds too late. I have so may questions, like did Ash bring me here, why is Ash here  and what the heck is going on in my body?

After sitting on the cot, holding Ash's gaze, he breaks the silence. 

"I'm taking you home for the day" He say getting up from his spot in the corner of the room.

"I can drive myself home" I say sounding grouchier than I thought I was. "Plus, you seem to be pretty pissed at me about something" I say getting up and grabbing my bag off the floor. I guess Ash brought it when he took me to the nurses office.

"It wasn't an offer" he said in a low voice still facing away from me. Now, that made me uncomfortable. Why would he even care? I don't even know him and he wants to drive me home. 

"But-" I try to say but he turns around staring at me with his sky blue eyes now an electric color. His eyes had changed colors and his body seemed to be glowing. It was like a pure light white radiating off of his body.

I was too tired to fight him and too rattled to fully process what was happening in front of me. 

I lead the way out of the building and to my car with Ash trailing behind me. I tossed Ash the keys to my jeep before heading to the other side to hop into the passenger seat. 

On the way back to my house I must have fallen asleep because as I drifted out of sleep I saw stairs passing under me, I was being carried.  I drifted back to sleep to drift out again as someone laid me on a bed and covered me up. I saw Ash's sky blue eyes and I felt relieved and carefree for some reason. When he started to walk away, I felt sad. Was he just going to leave me here? Why do I feel like I need him?

"Ash" My voice cracked. He flinched. 

"What Em." He said with no emotion in his voice.

"Don't leave" I plead. Why did I want him to stay? I don't even know why I said it, but it must have worked on him because he turned around and came back to the bed. He sat at the edge of the bed as if he were to get too closer he would catch a disease. 

My eyelids started to get heavy again and before I knew it I was asleep again.

I feel like I'm being watched. I had slept for awhile after Ash brought me home, it was dark out now but I have this feeling that someone is watching me. My body's new electric impulses aren't going crazy so I'm guessing that Ash left, which scares me even more. If Ash isn't here then why do I have this feeling- my thoughts are broken by hearing a floor board beside my bed creak. I open my eyes looking in the direction the noise came from. 

I try to scream but my voice fails me. I don't even know what that thing is. It looks like the grim reaper but is dripping a black slime. Before I can blink that thing has now morphed into a man. I feel as though I can't breathe, I think I'm going to die. My brain feels like its going a million miles a minute. There is some type of familiarity about this man. It's like I've meet him before but I'm absolutely sure that I have never see what that thing was before it became a man.

"Hello my darling Emmaline" The man-thing says with a crisp English accent. "Long time no see darling" He says with a sinister grin. "I can't imagine that you would forget the name of your murderer" My stomach drops as if I was on a roller coaster. I knew this, this thing. I sort through my mind, raking it for any knowledge of who or what this thing could be.

The man-thing takes a step closer closing the space between him and my bed. I think back to my parents, the fuzziness starting to clear. It has something to do with my parents. All of a sudden it come to me, my parents didn't die. They sent me away because I was being hunted, but by what.  I tried to focus on the night I was forced away, mother had said something to father. No not something, it was someone. "Caster" I say feeling my body go numb. The rooms temperature drops to below freezing. I can see my heavy ragged now. Frost is starting to cover the walls. The sudden temperature drop and the frost must be his doing. "Stop it" I tried to yell but my voice barely came above a whisper. I was petrified. 

"Ah my clever darling, yes, but apparently you aren't clever enough. I am not to blame for the sudden winter wonderland, for you are."  His grin grew wider. My heart sank. This is impossible, all of this is. He pulled out a dagger that glistened in the moonlight.  I couldn't blink, breathe, or move.  All I could do was stare at this purely evil bring in front of me. 

White light cover my room, blinding me seeing what was happening. I heard a loud crash of something slamming into the wall beside my bed. "I was hoping that I found her first, but it looks like you beat me angel" Caster said as if he was being choked because his word barely made it out of his body. I  would have blinked I would have missed it. The white light had dimmed just enough for me to see the out line of a large angelic set of wings. 

And just like that my room was dark and still as if nothing had happened.