Part 1

Neil was seething with anger when he saw his beautiful wife entering the hall with Juhi. Avni had her heartiest of smiles and was engulfed in her chitchat with Juhi. Obviously, they didn't notice the tense environment the hall.

Babe was sitting down the sofa with a hand on her throbbing head with Neela by her side. Swetha was standing near Neil with a worried look. Prakash was on the phone in the corner, speaking to someone in a panic-stricken voice. For the last half, an hour Neil, Prakash and the woman trio of the house has been looking for Avni like crazy. Neil might have alerted half the police force in Mumbai to search for his wife. 

What does she think of herself?

Vidhyut had made his presence felt everywhere in Neil's life. First, Vidhyut scared Mishti in his own house, barged in his bachelor pad invading their privacy and, he wouldn't want even to think about the way Vidhyut looked at Avni. That moment he could keep his anger in line and was able to take Avni away from that place as quickly as possible. But that moment stuck with him like a leech draining all his might and he was rattled ever since. The moment Vidhyut laid eyes on Avni, there was something in his eyes and he could easily read that it was not revenge, it was something he wouldn't want to think. And the mere thought of that fueled his anger to the maximum.

"Where the hell, were you Avni?" Neil roared.

Avni and Juhi stopped dead in their tracks. Babe and Neela stood up instantly feeling the fierceness of Neil's ire. Neela's eyes widened in surprised seeing a fuming Neil, who always had his emotions under control. 

In a quick move, Neil grabbed Avni's arms and roared again.

"How dare you go out Avni?"

Neil barraged her with all in his mind, with an even louder voice.

"What the f**k Avni? What do you think of yourself? How can you go out without your phone? How can you just go without informing anyone in the house? Are you out of your mind?" She shook her arms hard.

"Are you really out of your mind?"

Juhi who was standing next to Avni, stepped back seeing a Neil in a never seen before ferocious avatar.

Avni couldn't believe what is actually happening. Her ever reasonable husband was lashing out at her furiously in front of the whole house. Even Prakash seems to be surprised at the sudden change in his Son's demeanor. He cut the call the rushed to stand near Avni, sensing the sudden physical tension in the air.

Avni, slowly recovering from this sudden onslaught of anger, regained her voice and tried to reply with her softest voice. 

"Neil...We went out to have Pani puri with Juhi."

"What..." Neil inhaled deeply realizing he had been holding his breath all the while. It calmed him down a little. 

Still holding her arms tighter, he murmured with controlled frenzy.

"Do you know, I couldn't keep Vidhyut arrested anymore. He got bail today morning and when I come home you are not there, Vidhyut is out there."

Suddenly his voice raised as if realizing the severity of the situation and he yelled again, looking hard at Avni.

"What if he has seen you? What if he has taken you? Damn it"

Prakash put a hand on his son's shoulder. "Neil, relax. Calm down son."

Neil looked up at dad, suddenly realizing how he has been a little physically aggressive on his wife. He immediately loosened his grip on her arms. He controlled his sudden urge to hug her tightly. 

This time, I am angry, Avni.

He looked around to see a shocked audience who witnessed a rather fierce side of Neil for the first time. Babe and Neela ma was standing with open mouths and clasped hands near the sofa. Swetha, was beaming at him, with an undecidable expression and he was sure, his Mom approved or was rather proud of his sudden show of protectionism towards Avni. Prakash held a firm grip on his son's shoulder and gazed him with reprimanding eyes. Juhi had a veiled expression and she bends her face down so that no one could see the tears that threatened to take down from her eyes.

"Avni, we were worried about you bacha." Neela interrupted.

Babe elbowed her and she added, "Come here Avni, let me take you to the kitchen and I will fix you a cup of coffee."

To defuse the tension, Babe added, "Let's talk about it tomorrow. Goodnight everyone."

Neela eyed Swetha and nodded. Swetha moved closer to Avni and took Avni's hand from his angry son and pulled her to the side.

"Let me join you in the kitchen."

Prakash smiled at his wife's protective gesture towards her daughter-in-law. His heart warmed at the sight of Babe appreciating Swetha's affection for Avni with a slight head nod.

Neil let Avni go and looked at Juhi with a warning gaze. He was clear on that. 

Put my wife in danger again and you will see another side of me.

Juhi cowered at his blazing glare and walked towards her room silently,