Part 4

Avni came out of the bathroom in her silky golden nightgown. She looked around for Neil who was conspicuously missing from the room. 

Today I am in no mood to go running behind him. Let's go to sleep and will sort it out tomorrow.

She bend to pick up the mobile from the side table and put an alarm for tomorrow. A strong arm wrapped around her stomach and pulled her towards his chest. 

"Neil..." 

She took his name in an admonishing tone. 

"Shhh"

Before she could say anything he took her breath away with a sudden and fierce kiss on her exposed nape. With a hint of irritation, she tried to turn, he didn't let her. He held her so tightly that she was not even able to move let alone turn to face him. She remembered the way he kissed her a day before, his kisses were soft and enticing. He held her with a feather touch and treated her like a delicate thing. Now the kisses are fierce and she knew instantly that there was something wrong. She pushed his hands and jerked away from him. 

"Whats wrong Neil?" 

Irritation etched in her sound.Her husband was not in a mood to let her go so easily. He pulled her into his arms and crushed her in a tight bear hug. 

Something is wrong. There might have been something that's bothering him. I didn't realize that Neil can be effected so much by whatever that is. I need to find out what it is. 

Avni didn't have to wait. Neil himself opened up to her.

"Avni, you know that how much you mean to me. right? You know that my life is in you. right? Still, why did you go alone Avni? I got really really scared thinking of you. I get really scared whats that Vidhyut..." 

His shaky voice trailed off but she understood the unsaid words.

He pulled away to look at her arms which were bruised with his grip. She saw him wincing at the sight of those marks, Avni knew how much it hurts to see that. Neil was not the one to have emotional outbursts. 

"Neil" 

She moved closer to mold herself into his tall frame, melting at the sudden awareness of her husband's possessiveness for her. 

"I am sorry, I didn't have reacted so strongly" 

"I am sorry too, Neil, I should have been more careful." 

Avni eyes beamed with unshed tears.

"Don't be. You are gonna get punished. I told you, I am gonna lock you up with me forever" Neil smirked.

Before Avni could pull away, she found herself again in a rough embrace with her right arm handcuffed to the bedrail.

"Neil ...Nooo".