Chapter 2 ( November 1988 )

It was November.

Christmas was fast approaching and with it came the very numbing, chilly weather.

Normally, Cameron would be filled with excitement at this point of the year.

By now, she would already be decorating and singing along to the very familiar tunes of carols.

She'd go all out on the gifts, them probably already being wrapped and waiting to be given to whoever she desired.

She'd be ready to have her usual playdates with Georgie whenever she saw the little guy at the park.

However, this time it was different -if that wasn't obvious enough.

This time she didn't bother trying.

The house would remain the dull and lifeless home that it was. No one appreciated her efforts anyway.

No one would receive expensive gifts- or anything for that matter. If that's all they could remember her for then she'd rather not be remembered at all.

Although she continued going to the park every day, staying there for hours in the freezing cold, hoping to get even a glimpse of the youngest Denbrough.

Today was no exception.

You see, this day marked the first month of Georgie's disappearance. She'd be lying if she said she was holding up well.

In all honesty, she was still pretty shaken up by the events that occurred that day.

She couldn't remember much, but she did remember the feeling of the cold drops of rain hitting her skin as she stood at the scene of the crime. She remembered shivering uncontrollably when the wind blew harder but refusing to leave her spot. She remembered watching as Mrs. Denbrough screamed at a police officer, begging him to bring her baby back.

Bill was there too.

She remembered holding him that day.

She held him as he crumpled to the ground, weeping for his missing little brother. " Please. " He whimpered. " Bring him back. "

' I can't. ' She wanted to say. ' It's not possible. ' She needed to tell him.

But she didn't.

Instead, she lied.

" I'll try. " She lied to give him even the littlest bit of joy.

" I will. " She lied to provide him hope.

" I promise. " She lied to spare Bill and herself from a broken heart.

That was pretty much all she could haul back from the deep, dark depths of her mind.

She made a promise that day, a nearly impossible promise.

However, a Goodwill does not go back on her word.

She would bring Georgie back to Bill, somehow, someway, no matter how difficult it would be.

As she thought back to that fateful day, she came upon an obstruction in her path, delaying her stroll around Derry.

Eddie Kaspbrak was on the ground, gasping for air, unable to breathe properly.

Instantly, all thoughts left her mind as she ran to help the boy.

She slid on her knees, scraping them in the process, but she couldn't focus on that right now.

Gently, she cradled him in her arms, cooing at him to try to calm him down. " Hey. Hey. It's okay. You're okay. Yeah? " Cameron flashed him a reassuring smile, grasping his hand which was clutching the part of his shirt where his heart would be.