2. The One After Dinner

Chapter 2: The One After Dinner

All rights reserved
2017
San2045

I smiled as I remember that night. It was quite pleasant actually. After our almost fight about uncle Oliver we didn't bicker much. Riona was very happy, her eyes sparkled like she was actually living her dream. Maybe she was. I was happy seeing her happy.

After the dinner we strolled in the lawn, we as in me and Randhir while Riona was running around, barefoot. It was romantic to walk hand in hand, silently. The evening breeze felt cold against our warm skin but that didn't bother us. The dark sky comforted and cocooned us. His skin provided me the warmth I needed in the cold night. He was everything I needed at that moment. We didn't talk, we didn't bicker or brought up the past. The past I was curious to know about but I shut my mouth for time being. He didn't speak anything either. He just held my hand, entwined our fingers and walked along with the me.

"Sanyukta!" I felt a hard tug against my arm. Jolting back to the reality I shook my head and tilted my head to look at the intruder. It had been three days to that event. Instantly a smile adored my face looking at him.

"Hello boyfriend" I greeted him in a teasing voice. I was very happy. The happiest I have ever been. He looked good enough to eat. Calm your thoughts, woman! I rolled my eyes at my subconscious as usual. He was dressed in a black button down shirt with sleeves folded up to his elbows. His blazer was carelessly dangling off his one arm while the first three buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned. His toned chest was visible and that somewhat didn't sit right with me. I think many of the staff must drooled on this hunk while his way here but he's mine.

"Huh! Someone's coming around." He grinned while leaving towards me with his elbow resting on the table. My breath hitched in the throat as his face inched closer to mine. I met his eyes and a thousand butterflies swarmed my stomach as the desire in his eyes hit me. Those dark orbs were the most intense and gorgeous pair I had ever witnessed. I felt my skin prickle by his intense state. Without a thought I leaned towards him and pressed my lips against his. Just as we were about to deepen the kiss the loud ringing of the phone disturbed the intimate moment.

Grunting he pulled away from me and hastily pulled his phone. I observed him as he walked far away from my desk and to the corner while not even sparing me a glance. I watched his demeanor change completely. From what I reckon he changed from absolute bliss to broken in a second. Scared I stood up as his shoulders sagged and he let out a loud breath. I was aware of the loud noise my heels clinking against the floor were making but I didn't bother. Just as I was about to place my hand on his shoulder he turned around and looked at me. His face was blank, no emotion whatsoever.

"I have to go back to New York" He said his voice hoarse. It felt like a cold water was splashed on me. Why was he suddenly leaving?

"What happened Ron? Baby I can help. Please tell me." I spoke softly while trying to touch his arm. He shied away from my touch which definitely hurt. What was happening?

"I need to go." He said and moved away. I tried to hold his arm but he was too fast. Cursing under my breath for wearing heels I followed him outside the cabin.

"Randhir! Wait! Randhir??" I yelled not caring that my voice was loud and Marilyn was giving me a surprised look and others in the reception were probably staring at me. But my main concern was Randhir. He was everything right now. Not these people's judgemental stares.

Before I could reach him he had already disappeared in the elevators. What happened suddenly? Who was he talking to? I could feel the rejection and stress taking a toll on me as my body felt heavy. I felt like collapsing on my bed and never to get out. Only when I thought everything was going fine then this happens.
***