3. The One with the Fight

Chapter 3: The One With The Fight

All rights reserved
San 2045
2019

I don't know if I should just yell at him or be happy that he finally came back. But I wanted to know the boy he thought that he could get away with his life. After all this time how he couldn't trust me.

"Randhir" I brokenly whispered, breathing into his scent but he stood there motionless. I could not understand the reason why he lied to me. It stung that he was not even returning my hug.

"Where were you?" I asked parting myself away. Randhir blinked his eyes, adjusting to the harsh lighting before staring back at me. 

"Does it matter?" He huffed, pushing his hair away from the forehead.

At that harsh tone, my heart clenched. I could feel anger in my veins at his dismissive tone. I was actually worried about him and his whereabouts but he seemed so cool and casual about it. What if Riona had seen him? Arguing with another woman in the middle of the street.

I couldn't control my anger and bitterly looked at him, "Oh am I not supposed to care about you? I thought that's what couples do"

His shoulders sagged at my tone, he shook his head as if trying to come up with a better explanation. But I was so angry at him that I couldn't think straight. It had been only a few days since we patched up things but he was already lying. How could he think that it was a better start for a relationship?

"Don't start with me now. I have had a long day" He sighed, rubbing his palms over his face.

I glared that him, my attention diverting towards the fabric of his shirt. It was crumpled at the end and my worst fear was taking over me. Was having an affair with that women? Is that why he lied to me?

"Oh, I can tell" A snort left my lips as I crossed my arms against my chest. He narrowed his eyes my tone, his stare digging into me. But I couldn't care less.

"What are you trying to imply?"

"Why did you lie to me?" I asked avoiding his question.

He huffed, "What are you talking about?"

I almost wanted to roll my eyes at the way he was trying to avoid answering me. What was going to happen if he played dumb? Nothing. Besides, it was high time that we talk about things thoroughly instead of hiding.

"You very well know what I am talking about Randhir. You were supposed to be in New York"

He bitterly laughed, "Is that what this is about? You want to get rid of me?"

My insides heated up at his tone. How dare he try to turn it on me? It was his fault and he was blaming me?

"Have you lost your mind? You are not making any sense right now. I am asking you this because I saw you with that woman" I spat, goosebumps pricking my skin at the thought of seeing them again, together.

"What woman?" He played dumb.

"Playing dumb? Classy"

"Sanyukta what are you talking about? In this business, I have to meet many women. What are you trying to say?"

I took a deep breath trying to think whether it was a good idea to reveal or not. I need to know the reason I was so worried and pissed at him. I genuinely felt as if he was in New York but seeing that scene shattered everything inside me. He was supposed, to be honest with me.