CHAPTER 2

<Percy's P.O.V>

Hi there! Guess Uncle Julius had forgotten to tell you about himself.... Well for starters, he is Julius Kane, a very famous Egyptologist who travels around the world giving lectures about Egyptian culture and such. If you want to know about mummies and pyramids or Egyptian gods, then he is the person you would like to ask.

His wife was Ruby Kane, had died a few years ago though no one knew how it exactly happened except a few. It was always passed off as an accident and nothing more.

A word about the siblings though. The last time I had met them together was during Sadie's 6th birthday and it was I should say almost a disaster. That day, there was a fight between the two and let's just say that it resulted in the cake bursting though no one knew how.

They were completely the opposites of the other. Sadie was all outgoing and daring and never was a book worm while Carter was all shy and a nerdy bookworm. Things took a toll when the two of them were separated after their mother's death. While Carter travelled with uncle J, Sadie stayed with her mom's parents.

How did I come to know of this? It was mainly due to uncle J and Carter talking about the incident very often. Anyways, back to the story.

Travelling with my uncle was one of the best things I had done in my life. It was awesome to learn other cultures and go sightseeing around the places. I'm not surprised that Zeus had not shot me out of the sky as I had been travelling in air since after all I had returned back his master bolt and earned his respect.

Also, I had developed a knack for reading since it was boring half the time. The amount of reading I had done would make Athena proud even if it was her rival's child. I had covered most of the books in the Greek and Egyptian mythologies and was currently reading about the different pantheons, as I was waiting for my flight to New York.

"Uncle, when is your flight to Hawaii departing?" I asked as I was sitting at the waiting for the announcement. "An hour after yours Percy....be prepared for what is to come okay?" he said as we were away from Carter. "Why don't you go and join Carter for a chat before the flight arrives?" he asked. I just nodded mutely and went to give Carter some company.

As I left, I was thinking on what uncle meant by telling me to be careful about. He surely didn't know about my Greek heritage but.... what if it is the other one? 'Better to be safe than sorry' I thought as I went and chatted with Carter.

Last night even though uncle didn't realise, I had seen him murmuring something about aunt Ruby and someone named Bast, some snake and other such things like 'They must start following the path of gods' or 'Chaos is getting stronger and such things. I decided to ask him about these things after my trip to camp.

"Dear passengers" a voice announced startling me out of my thoughts. "The flight from California to New York is scheduled to leave in a few minutes. Passengers are requested to board the plane". Guess it's time to leave then.

I turned to Uncle J and Carter and gave each of them a hug before leaving to board my flight. They then left to wait to board their flight to Hawaii where I would meet them on the 23rd. If it is still confusing, it is the 13th December- the day I leave to 'celebrate' at camp.

--------------------------------------Time Skip for 3 hours later---------------------------------------

I had arrived in New York an hour back and am heading towards camp right now. (A/N: I don't know the time taken for the travel between California and New York) Grover seemed to have a problem involving 2 demigods with powerful auras and had called us to Westover hall for some dance and recruit them. I suspected that bringing the 2 demigods back was not going to end well. And the Christmas celebration was just an excuse for me to come here.