CHAPTER 5

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters. Rick Riordan does.

<Percy's P.O.V>

...Nico. I opened the door to find Nico in my hotel room as Carter was fast asleep. The first thought I had was 'Why the hell is he here?'. I called him outside to the dinning area to discuss whatever he wanted.

By the time I reached the dining area, I saw Nico sitting at a table, ordering something. Thankfully, the diner was open at 10 in the night. I went over to the table and sat down beside him.

"What happened Neeks?" I asked, "And how the hell did you come here so quickly?"

"I had learnt about shadow travelling at camp, which is mostly common for all Hades' children. As to why I came here... I can't... can't forget... what happened..." he trailed off and started sobbing. I immediately understood and hugged him as he cried onto my shoulder.

"Ok Nico. Calm down. Your sister will not want to see you in this state, right? She is always over here" I said, pointing at his heart, as he was sobbing. "How do you know about family deaths Percy? She was the only one I had." He said.

I looked at his eyes and said "Trust me Nico. I know about it. After all my mortal parents had died just a few months ago" as he looked at me emphatically. The moment had to be ruined by the waiter, who had come back with Nico's order which was Chinese noodles. I raised my eyebrows at this and he sent me a look that said, 'I will explain later.'

"Anything else you would want sir?" the waiter asked. I looked over at Nico and asked, "What ice cream do you want?" He looked at me and said, "A Choco vanilla ice-cream" his mouth filled with the noodles.

I turned to the waiter and said "A Choco vanilla ice cream and a blueberry ice-cream will do. Thank you." After the waiter left, Nico asked "How did your parents die?" and all I said was "Monster attack. What is with your Chinese obsession now?" I asked.

"Getting struck in china for a day does that to you the first time I shadow travelled anyways. Then I felt your presence here and came here. What about you?" he asked.

"Well, I have been traveling with my cousin and uncle after my parents died and we are here to meet my cousin sister, who is living with her grandparents." I said, and he nodded.

We sat chatting for about half an hour along with finishing our dessert until Nico said he was feeling sleepy and fell asleep beside me. I smiled sadly at him. The poor boy had his mother killed and then he is sent to a casino which slows down time and comes out after about 70 years only to see his only family member die.

I picked him up, bridal style and payed the bill and carried him to the room at which Carter and I were currently staying. He snuggled into my chest and as I carried him up and then I vowed to be the family he had never had. I set him down on the other bed and went to sleep on the couch.

<Carter P.O.V>

I woke up in the morning, gasping and sweating from the dream which I had just had. I just hoped it will not come true though. I looked over to the bed Percy was having to find someone else occupying it and Percy was nowhere to be seen.

As I approached the bed to see who was there, the person, a boy screamed something that sounded like Italian and bolted upright, gasping for breath. I took a glass of water by the nightstand and gave it to him, which he took gratefully. Just then, Percy entered the room, looking like he had just had a shower.

As soon as he saw the boy, he ran up to us and sat by the boy's side. "Are you feeling well? Is it that dream again?" he asked the boy and he nodded and looked over at me. "Sorry if I had woken you up. My name is Nico, Percy's cousin, dads side" he said and held out his hand. I shook it and said "Carter, Percy's cousin, mothers side."