I Wasn't Meant To be Saved

-----!TRIGGER WARNING!-----

-Suicidal attempt.-

I place this warning for anyone who is dealing with a hard time in their lives and feels like suicide is the only answer. Please, if you ever need to talk to someone PLEASE PM me. I am here for every single one of you guys. I may not know you guys very well but I want you to know that each of you guys has a friend in me.

"Happy Birthday, dear Daniel! Happy Birthday to you!" Justin, Hank, Olive, Erin, and I sang to my nephew Daniel as a smile played on all our faces.

The now one-year-old smiled as he laughed at the family around him. He began waving his hands in the air as little giggles escaped his lips causing all our hearts to spin in love. It was Daniel's first birthday, Olive and my brother Justin decided that for his first birthday they would take a trip to visit so that we could all celebrate together. 

"Happy Birthday, Kiddo! Okay, it's time to blow out that candle." My father smiled as he took the cake and moved it to the little white table that connected to Daniel's high chair.

Now sat in front of the little blonde Voight was a small bright baby blue cake with yellow and green frosting swirls decorating the top as a number one candle was inbeded into the cake. The small wick allowed only a tiny fame to flicker back and forth as it waited to be extinguished. I stood up from the old wooden chair that belongs to the dining room set as I made my way towards the small boy in the high chair.

"One, two, three!" We all counted down as Justin and Hank leaned down and blew out the candle together for little Danny who probably didn't know what was going on at the moment.

"Yay!" We all cheered the little boy on as he clapped his hands and smiled brightly towards us bring me to laugh at the small child.

"Wow, it crazy to think that it's been an entire year. You know it seems like just yesterday you were sitting on my bathroom floor taking your very first pregnancy test while you debated whether you were going to kill Justin or not." I remembered looking up at Olive before taking Daniel out of the chair and bringing him into my arms.

"I bet you're glad you didn't go through with that plan." Justin butted in as he looked towards Olive who shrugged her shoulders causing us all to let out a laugh.

Daniel looked up at me with a smile that lit up my world. He was the perfect combination of Justin and Olive. His light hair inherited from Olive who was a naturally curly haired blonde. His big brown eyes given to him by his father. He was absolutely adorable and would steal anyone's heart if you looking for too long.

 He wiggled in my arms a bit but soon he stopped abruptly as he spotted the small golden necklace that laid against my chest which was given to me by my mother. The necklace read 'Camille' which was written in cursive that swirled and curled until it stopped at the 'e'. My heart cracked at the thought of my mother who would never be able to meet her grandson, at the thought of her never being able to share moments like these with us. Justin must have known what I was thinking about as he placed his hand gently on my back rubbing it slowly causing me to look up at the older Voight. He gave a gentle smile which warmed up my heart knowing how caring my brother was.