Here lies Olivia Voight

I sat quietly in the corner of the dimly lit bar that all of the first responders in Chicago came to adore

I sat quietly in the corner of the dimly lit bar that all of the first responders in Chicago came to adore. The only company I held was the small glass cup of vodka that I tilted back and forth the brown liquid swirling around the cup as an effect. It has been an entire year since the death of Justin and to say that I was still harboring some hurt and pain was an understatement. Since Justin's death, I had graduated from the academy and was placed almost immediately into intelligence. Life as a detective is never easy and I don't think it will ever get any easier. There were times were the cases we handled became too hard to bare that I would find myself back at Molly's to drown my sorrows in Vodka. Only to nurse a hangover the very next day. The cycle was vicious and neverending but it was something I was dealing with one step at a time.

My thoughts were soon interrupted as a voice rumbled behind me.

"Hermann, I'm cutting her off." The voice spoke pointing towards me as he took the bar stool that sat to the right of mine.

That voice, however, didn't belong to my father, Hank. But to the man who found me once standing on the edge of the rooftop as I cried my eyes out debating on what my next move would be.

Jay Halstead

I nodded my head not saying a word as I looked at the remaining liquid in my cup. Without thinking I bought the cup up to my mouth downing the rest of the liquid. A burning sensation ran throughout my throat as the liquid made its way down. I in no subtle way slammed the cup on the bar the noise resonating throughout the vicinity.

"I think that is my queue to leave. I'll see you tomorrow, Hermann." I said as I ignored the presence of the young detective beside me.

Hermann gave me a slight nod of the head as he cleaned off a cup with the rag that was previously laid on his shoulder. I grabbed my coat which laid on the bar stool to the left of me. I pushed my arms through the sleeves before making my way towards the large wooden door that leads to the outside world.

"Olivia." I heard Jay call out to me in frustration as I continued to ignore his calls.

"Will you just please understand where I am coming from!" He shouted as I continued to walk away.

I shook my head not daring to speak a word knowing that if I allowed what I held in my heart to come barreling out of my mouth the night would not end well.

"Olivia! Will you for one second stop running away from every problem that comes your way!" He growled pushing the very last button that I had.

"If I hadn't stopped running I would have jumped off that building when I had the chance!" I turned around in pure anger and frustration as my face began to heat up.