Chapter 53

We finally made it by the shore and near the house. We kept running as soon as we hit the front porch. I told Hunter to shift back and he did. I took off my medium sized black and white flannel and told him to cover his lower parts of the body.

"I'll tell them you're in the living room bathroom. Just stay there okay? Before anyone sees you." I said as he nodded.

I was gonna pat him, but I hesitated before I ended up burning him also. I wasn't sure if I was safe or not around werewolves and the others due to what happened.

"Here. Before you go upstairs, do me this favor. Touch me before you touch anyone else. Maybe Angel might be the first one to touch you and we won't know whether or not you're safe to touch anyone no matter what kind of species they are." He held his arm out and waited for me place my hand on it.

"Are you sure about this?" I questioned.

He smiled and nodded in response. I bit my inner lip and slowly placed my hand on his arm that didn't burn him. I even tried it on my other arm and still none.

"I think it might've only worked on that guy who had the same eyes as you did.. It only worked for Legacy Hunters.?"

"We're not sure if he is a Legacy Hunter.. We might have similar eyes, but I thought their eyes already glow into a striking silver like mine. His eyes were gray and glowing.. But seeing my eyes turn.. He ended up connecting with me in this level I can't even explain.." I whispered and bit my thumb nail.

"Don't do that. It's bad." He said as he pushed my hand away, "I just hope he's not your soulmate for a damn Legacy Hunter."

I shook my head, "no not that kind of connection. I think it was the connection of being a Legacy Hunter.. Perhaps? I'm not quite sure.. Just go wait for awhile okay?"

"I will. But Jay, discuss this with Eli. He'd need to know that and especially if there's a Legacy Hunter on a loose."

"I will Hunter, just stay here please." I said and used my speed to go upstairs. I hear people talking towards my room and that's where my feet had dragged me to.

I opened my door and saw a doctor who was analyzing Angel. Kristoffer went close to me and gave a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey. Uh Mason, James? Hunter is downstairs. He needs some clothes so please give him some clothes.?" I smiled and whispered.

They nodded and left to go downstairs, but I looked Kristoffer as he raised an eyebrow probably wondering why Hunter needed clothes?

I brought him outside and closed the door behind me quietly and spoke with him, "Hunter shifted. But how's Angel doing?"

He sighs, "she's fine. She just needed some rest and the doctor will stay here for therapy. She's just really traumatized with what happened.."

I nodded slowly, "this is my fault.."

"How would this be your fault? They went to the woods by themselves, don't think it's your fault."

"That's the thing. I wasn't there to watch over them. I stayed inside." I sighed as he hugged me for comfort.

"It's not your fault baby. We'll have a talk with Angel when she's okay. For now, let's take care of her." He smiled as he rubbed my arm.

But as soon as we were going back inside, I saw Hunter walking upstairs with Eli. It seemed as though he was explaining something to him? Probably the situation..

"On second thought.. Please check up on the doctor okay? I have to discuss some business with Hunter and Eli." I said and kissed him on the cheek, "I won't be long."