Chapter 25 Dastardly Plans

Stein looked at his console, noting the red dot and where it had stopped. A malicious grin snaked its way across his face, stretching from ear to ear. I've found you, he thought to himself with pride. He knew that they still had the one crystal from the Junglar Sector. Now that he knew their location, he could get it.

As Stein thought about how he could sneak aboard, one thought entered his mind: the Viking. He had seen Alfric fight and knew that the man was not a force to be trifled with. Though he could easily subdue the others, Alfric would prove a different story.

A message popped up on his view screen. Stein answered it.

"Klanor wishes to know your status."

Perfect, thought Stein, saves me the trouble of returning for reinforcements. "I have tracked them to an unpopulated planet. Am sending the coordinates now. Their ship is damaged, but won't be for long."

"Understood. Your orders are to await the arrival of the fleet."

"Acknowledged," Stein said as he steered his ship to the shadow of the planet, thinking it an excellent place to hide. No one would spot him there. He shifted in his seat for a more comfortable position. For now, rest. Later, destroy the others and steal the crystal.