Chapter 1

'Imagine her with purple eyes'

Ariel's POV
'Why do they always try to flirt with me?' I mentally ask myself for the thousandth time. Damon just got done scaring off once again another guy trying to get with the popular purple-eyed mute girl of the town. Before that happened Damon and I were out to get something to eat after the meeting with the Scooby Doo gang. That includes Stefan, Elena, Jeremy, Bonnie, Matt, Alaric, Tyler, Caroline, Damon, and myself. We were talking about the masquerade ball that is tonight. Katherine showed up and is so annoying. Caroline, Bonnie and myself got dresses before that, Elena isn't going since Katherine is going to be there. We were or they were making a plan for tonight. After that Damon asked me to go eat with him. So that is how we got to the Mystic Grill. I see Damon walking back over to me with a smirk on his face. I grin when I see that. He sits down in the booth as I shake my head.
'What?' he signs.
'Nothing,' I sign back.
'What do you want to eat?' he signs.
'Chicken strips and french fries,' I sign to him.
The waiter comes and asks for our orders. Damon tells him and the waiter nods walking back to the kitchen. I pull my phone out and Damon was playing with the salt shaker. I take a picture and smile. Damon looks at me and frowns. I silently laugh at his expression. The waiter comes back with our food.
-Time Skip-
After our early dinner Damon drives me to Bonnie's house where Caroline, Bonbon and I are getting ready.
'Thanks Damon,' I sign.
"No problem," he says out loud.
I smile and walk to Bonnie's door. I don't bother knocking and walk right in. Caroline was in front of me instantly smiling.
"Hey Ariel," she squeals.
'Hi Caroline,' I sign.
"Come on let's get ready," she says taking my arm.
She pulls me to Bonnie's room. Bonnie is in there laying out our dresses on her bed. Bonnie saw me and smiled. She hugged me and sat me in a chair. She did my hair and makeup. Caroline did Bonnie's hair and makeup. Then I did Caroline's hair and makeup. We looked at each other and smiled.
'Damn we look good,' I signed.
They laughed as did I silently. We put on our dresses then looked in the mirror.

    (Ariel's is the one on the right, Bonnie's is in the middle and Caroline's is the one on the left) "We look hot!" Caroline screamed

"We look hot!" Caroline screamed.
'Leave it to Caroline to say that,' I thought myself but silently agreed.
We walked down the stairs and to Caroline's car.

We got in and drove to the Lockwood mansion

We got in and drove to the Lockwood mansion. Once we got there the plan started.
'No more laughing and giggling, time for action,' I thought to myself and saw Bonnie and Caroline do the same.
We nodded to each other and walked inside. Everyone saw us and stopped what they were doing. I saw Jeremy and walked to him.
'Hey Ariel,' he signed as I walked to him.
'Hey Jer,' I signed.
'Ready,' he signs.
I nod and loop my arm through his. As we pass by people the guys turn their gazes on my. Jeremy glares at them and walks faster.
"Hey Ariel I just noticed that your mask makes your eyes stand out," he says to me.
I smile and nod my head.
"How cute the little Gilbert and his mute big sister are walking together," we hear from behind us.
We turn only to see Katherine.
'Katherine,' I sign.
'Ariel,' she signs.
"Katherine," Jeremy basically spits out her name.
"Jeremy," she says politely.
'Why are you following us?' I sign.
'I need to warn you,' she signs.
"What do you mean?" Jeremy asks.
"Ariel's in danger. There is a man looking for her. His name is Elijah Mikaelson, he is one of the originals. The original vampires, they get what they want when they want. He wants Ariel because there is a legend about the girl with purple eyes. So far Ariel is the only girl with purple eyes ever. He wants her because the legend says that she is his property. Be careful Ariel," Katherine said then disappeared.
'Where did she go?' I signed.
"I don't know," Jeremy said.
Elena came running towards us. We could it was her because of her outfit. Jeans and a purple/pink shirt.
"Ariel come on we need to go," she said quickly. "I heard what Katherine said."
She grabbed my hand and ran I followed. She slowed to a walk as we made it to her car.
'Are you okay?' she signs.
'Yes,' I reply.
'Let's go the-,' she began but fell to the ground.
'Elena?' I sign in fear.
I feel a sharp pain in my head and blackness covers my vision. Then I fall into a deep slumber.
-Hours Later-
I wake up to the sound of my name.
"Ariel please wake up, please, Ariel," Elena's voice says.
I open my eyes to find her looking at me with worried eyes. 
'Where are we?' I signed.
'I don't know,' she signed back.
I stand up just as two people walk in. A man with long brown hair and a girl with a pixie hair cut.
'Who are you people?' I questioned.
"Why did she just use sign language?" the man asked.
"She's mute," Elena says.
"Why?" asks the girl.
"I don't know," Elena replies.
'What do you want with us?' I ask.
"Us personally nothing, we're the messengers. But I can't believe that your eyes really are purple," the girl said.
'Okay then and thanks I guess,' I sign. 
They walked away then came running back in.
"He's here, what do we do?" the man asked.
"Be calm," Pixie cut girl said.
"I can't do it you do it. I have to get out of here," Long haired man said.
"Trevor stop look at me what are we?" Pixie cut asked.
"We're family Rose," Trevor said.
"That's right," Rose replied.
Rose looks at us and said, "Stay here."
She walked out and Trevor stayed.