25. An End to Her Story

"And they did eventually marry though at that moment my mother was so upset with him spoiling Mathilda's wedding with a proposal that she refused him. It was a long process to get her to actually say yes to him and he was forced to ask several painstaking times," the storyteller recounts with a bout of laughter. The woman at his side hides a laugh behind her own hand as she remembers the many different ways Iridian had tried. "I chose to end my story in this manner because everything else in Nova's life is very well known. Tyrial is ruled by Queen Nova and King Iridian while my uncle Centauri presides as an official over both halves of our nation to keep peace," Aurous goes on.

"And you're forgetting one important person brother," the woman speaks with a hinting smile. "The whisperer also watches over the people of Tyrial, always protecting and serving as needed." Her smile becomes much more grand as Lilium straightens her back and lets her near white eyes wander over the many faces in their growing crowd. Aurous rolls his eyes at his younger sister's pride but nods in agreement regardless.

"Yes I suppose there is that too," he admits with a sigh. Aurous sweeps a hand through his dark curls and clears his throat to finish his mother's tale as he always does since he began traveling with his sister. The boy had grown into a young scholar and storyteller while Lily was a practicing mage. The duo spread the tale wherever they visited and kept peace between the nations with their own set of skills. "Queen Nova, our beloved mother, has the most intricate story. One that may be repeated but never altered and one that my imaginative tales will never come close to. It is near and dear to both of our hearts for it tells of her struggles, accomplishments, and many sorrows and it never ceases to amaze me. Once a mere servant now a face of regality among the lands of Hysmeia. May we never see the end of the tale nor reign of the huntress," he finally finishes. The people of Tyrial that had gathered in the market near the palace clap and cheer while the brother and sister duo bow, Lilium letting her favorite lightening bug magic rule the darkened sky to bring a beautiful end to their storytelling. Beyond the faces and warmth of of their fire though, a pair of sharp emerald eyes stare from atop tree branches with a peculiar skull faced creature by their side. The pair disappear into the night to return to the hunt but would reappear in the morning to continue her reign.