Not A Dream

Valeria Goodman woke up one morning as usual.She was very excited to start her day as she was about to start her summer job, which means more money to spend on clothes and ice-cream and makeup.She ran to the toilet, brushed her teeth and walked to the downstairs.

"Good morning mom" She cooed with excitement and opened the refrigerator.She took the milk bottle and grabbed the box of cereals and poured them into the bowl.She eyed her family casually who was frozen in their place. Her mom was standing before her chair, staring at her with a mouth wide open.Her dad was seated and gaping at her.Her young emo brother Nicholas was holding the spoon in his hand, not eating but frozen and staring.

Her youngest brother, Bruce on his baby seat was a little normal as he was only three.Her other young sister Miley was the first one to shriek.Everyone in the room came out of their coma.

"Mom, What's going on?"Valeria complained to her mother.

"You tell us, what is going on?Is it some joke?Did you eloped with some boyfriend?"Her mother accused her hysterically and then burst into tears"Oh Valeria we thought you were dead"Her mother moved forward and hugged her.Miley was jumping and crying with excitement.Bruce was throwing food from his baby seat and Nicholas was just sitting there.

"What?And why would you think that?"

"Because you had disappeared"Her father spoke this time.

"Dad, what are you saying?I went to bed as usual and woke up at seven like always"She eyed the wall clock and scoffed.

"We saw you on the last night of May.You went to bed as usual and next morning you were gone"Her dad explained.

"Next morning?This is the very next morning"Valeria protested

"This the 30th of August, three months after we saw you.Now tell us where have you been all these months?"Her father raised his voice and Valeria looked more confused.She was lost for words.

"Do you have any idea what we went through?The police are out there searching for you.The guy living the trailer outside of our town was investigated.The local TV is playing your add every one hour."Her dad was upset.

"Dad, why would I do that?"She asked her dad.Her mother was looking at her quizzically and form the corner of the eye she noticed Nicholas wiped his tear with his sleeve discreetly.

"I don't know you tell us"

"Dad, I would never even think of that, Don't you know me?Am I capable of that?And why would I do that?"She asked him and her dad seemed convinced.

"Then where were you?"

"I was here in the bed"

"Valeria, you need to speak the truth" Her mom intervened this time.

"Mom?You don't believe me?"Valeria was shocked.

"You were gone for three months, Valeria.What you want us to believe?"

"Did you checked my bedroom.I was there"

"For three months?"Her dad spoke and Nicholas scoffed.

"Maybe something happened to me, I was unconscious or something" 

"We did, and police did.There were police dogs everywhere in our house.They traced you over one or two trees and after that, they traced you on the other side of the river."Her dad explained.

"Does that make any sense to you?"Valeria asked him.

"No, but what you want me to believe?"Her dad said.

"Dad, why would I do that?"She whimpered.

"I don't know.I need to call the police now to inform them"Her dad told her and then walked out of the kitchen.Everyone at the table was angry like she was at fault.She shook it away and ate her cereals in hurry.

"Where are you going?"Her mom asked her.

"TO my summer job mom" She spoke in duh sound.

"Summer is gone dear and your job was given to Charlotte" Her mom informed her and she was devastated.

"The police is coming here, they want Valeria's statement."Her dad announced, entering the room.

"I have nothing to say, dad"She protested.

"Valeria, if it was something you did as a prank or anything, please tell us, we may save you.But once police are involved we will not be able to do anything for you" Her dad warned her again.Valeria had nothing to spill.She told the police officers the same but none believed her.She was a silly teenager.

The police spoke to the school management but there was nothing.She was a bright student.She had no problem recently.There were no romantic affairs that could push her to that limit.She was just a simple girl.The police closed the case.

Mr. Wayne Goodman, Valeria's dad was not satisfied though.He hired a private detective who could not wort out anything.He asked his friend to examine his daughter for any signs of insanity or mental disorder.There was none but her blood sample showed some other cells than white or red cells.Something that Mr. Brandon Nelson could not comprehend.He was confused at first.

He talked to Mr. Wayne again and requested for Valeria's blood sample again.He informed Mr. Wayne about the issue and left with her blood samples.He was never heard from after that.Mr. Wayne called him, he showed up at his house which was evicted in two hours.He showed up at his hospital where they just received his resignation.

Mr. Wayne told his wife about that matter and they decided to stay quiet to save their children's life.Valeria, on the other hand, was so mad, her family was mad at her too.But when she woke up the next morning, her parents had forgotten everything like it never happened before.They behaved like normal except Nicholas who was still not talking to her.

Her simple life just continued as normal.The TV just forgot about her suddenly.There was nothing weird around her except for her father who was extremely careful now.

As the dust settled the big question started bugging her.Three months?Where was she for three months?Then she recalled that weird dream...What was that?Was it a dream?She recalled little details.The young boy or demon gave her his blood.Her body absorbed it like a sponge.She ran her hand over her arm and try to feel any difference.

What were those places?They were really mysterious.When she went to bed every night she wondered if that was a dream?Or if it will come again?But then she recalled his words, we will meet when you will be 21 and she shuddered at the thought.

Don't forget to tell me about this chapter,how you find this?