Part 5 The Recovery

Whoa, I forgot about this

Please yell at me. I think I'm going to try and update my stories today.

NightBlade and Jacque had stayed protectively by (m/n) for the entire night. The lake wolf's demeanor had changed and his second soul was closer to the surface then ever. He snapped at anyone who came too close, standing over him in a protective way. His pelt twitched and his powers fluctuated, constantly turning on all the faucets in the house at once, pulling the moister from any near by plants, and nearly sucking all the blood out of Jeff, who got too close one too many times. NightBlade and Slender were the only two he allowed near the wounded pup.
(M/n) remained non-verbal for weeks, weakened and in pain for days. When he showed signs of regaining strength, Slender coaxed Jacque into letting Smiley do a check up.

He was laid down carefully, gloved hands running over his body, pressing down near his wounds. A sharp cry echoed out, a loud snarl following it from both NightBlade and Jacque, a creaking sound echoing as the pipes bulged with water. He focused his glowing milky eyes on Smiley, growling out a distorted warning. Smiley waved off the warning as if it was an empty threat. He continued to do his evaluation until Jacque had to be lead from the room to avoid ripping Smiley's head off.  He was let back in, shifting to pick the wounded wolf up and bringing him back to his room. (M/n) curled up, fur twitching as he was gently pet.

"Doc says 'ou'll be good in 'bout 'bother couple 'o weeks .." Jacque mumbled, hating to see his friend in this state. The weakened wolf nodded and curled up, tail flicking back and forth.

The door creaked open, a loud protective snarl echoing throughout the  room until Jacque saw who it was. He closed his jaws and glared at the tall being. Smile stood in a humanoid form at about 6'4". His matted red and black hair was piled on his head, pointed ears flicking slightly. His eyes were gunky with discharge and his teeth were sharpened and yellow. His claws hadn't been groomed in forever, his hands cracked and dry. But through all this, there was a worried look in his furrowed eyebrows and creased lips. He took a hesitant step forward, speaking with a growly voice.

"I wanted to see if he was okay.. Can I come in?"

Jacque stared at the man, eyes silently anylizing him. He nodded quietly and shifted to let the dog see the state (m/n) was in. His once beautiful fur had been torn, cut, and matted. His jaws hung open uselessly, his eyes barely open. His leg was completely shaved, the hair only just starting to grow back. It was swollen and twitching in pain. His paw pads were rough and cracked, claws and teeth chipped. The fur had been parted around the cone that surrounded his head. Smile whinced and stepped closer, reaching out carefully, watching for Jacques reaction. He pushed a little further, not seeing any protective language from Jacque. He lifted the wounded's head, (m/n)'s shiny eyes now milky and out of foucus. He ran his hand over his soft fur, getting weak whines from the wolf. He sighed heavily, sitting down in the floor and carefully petting him. (M/n) and Jacque both seemed tenced, but the wolf soon became drowsey and fell asleep, chest shuddering with his weak breathing. Jacque sighed softly.

"'Atch 'im for a bit, will ya?"

Without waiting for a reply, Jacque got up and left. Smile rested his head on the bed, watching (M/n) carefully for any problems. He continued to let him before crawling up onto the bed and carefully wrapping his arms around him. He tucked his face against the scruff of his neck and fell asleep.