one

|CHAPTER ONE|KENNY ROGERS

|CHAPTER ONE|
KENNY ROGERS

"Armani!"

     The brunette snapped out of her thoughts, turning from the car window to her father, who tilted his head in concern

"Were you listening to any of that?" The middle aged man asked, clear exasperation in his voice as she nodded.

"yeah of course dad. BASIC, computers, programming....so on" she scratched the back of her neck, knowing that wasn't all he said, but choosing not to speak about the rest.

"And, where are we going?" He asked. As much as he tried to help her grow accustomed to everything, Armani was as stiff as a brick.

"The Byer's house. movie night." she said, shaking her head lightly, and turning back to the window.

Bob Newby sighed, he just wanted his daughter to be happy but he couldn't stop his relationship with Joyce just for her.

"We need to talk about this, Mani" he looked back over at her, shaking his head before parking in front of the torn down house.

"Later." She responded. It was always later.

"Bob!" Joyce's face lit up as she hugged Bob, they shared a kiss, which made Armani stick out her tongue in disgust as she walked past them, stopping only when she saw Jonathan Byers standing on the porch. It was no secret that the two couldn't get along, the only one who saw them ever getting along, or at least pretending to, was Will.

"Staying the night here?" Jonathan asked, obvious annoyance in his tone.

She shrugged, "my dad wants to cheer up William. I have no clue how long i'll last in your company, though."

She spoke back, only letting her expression soften as she asked about Will. "Is he alright?" To which Jonathan nodded, "movie night always cheers him up"

Armani had spent most of her time on the couch, reading a book, that was until her dad shoo-ed her out of the living room, insisting she speak to the two Byers brothers as he and Joyce finished up dinner. She had begun walking down the hallway when Jonathan's door opened, he held three VHS tapes for movie night.

"What are you doing?" He asked quickly, cocking an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Calm down, Johnny, I wasn't snooping around your house," Armani rolled her eyes, "my dad sent me to socialize with you and William instead of leaving me in peace. So here I am."

Jonathan shook his head at the nickname, shoving the three tapes in her hand before opening to door to Will's room. "Hey Will, you have a visitor." Jonathan walked in, Armani right behind him. She nodded a silent 'hi' to Will before extending the tapes.

"We didn't know what you'd like, so we brought a variety, take your pick." Not looking up from what he was coloring, Will spoke, "whichever you want, Armani."