Chapter One

Chapter One – Day One

"Battle of the Races for takes in the Forrest of Severin, which resides near the Lake of Allaire. Both containing unthinkable creatures. "

Once drowsiness leaves my body I slowly start to register my surroundings, my fingers curling around loam. What's left of the sluggish feeling soon leaves at the feeling of dirt, instantaneously I arise.

Taking in my vicinity, anon I manifest that I'm no longer home and no longer in my borough, Garin.

And that there are other persons along with me.

Too quickly, I come to the realization that I'm in the Forest of Severin.

"Now that our adversaries are starting to arise, I shall introduce our contenders!" a voice booms, which I presume belongs to the announcer. Although no one has ever seen him, we all know his voice. No matter where you are his words will reach you.

"Whom should we start with? How about the Nymphs!" Despite no one being allowed to watch the Battle of the Races they have to endure listening to it.

"Oh, looks like we have triplets! Amalie, Raina, and Helene Yseult. All seventeen." As he stated the girls I looked at each – Amalie has golden hair, Raina's is so dark that it looks like blue, and Helene has a vibrant red color for her hair. And all three acquire green eyes. "Daughters of Lacee Yseult."

"Now the goblins! Saul Gace, son of Ply and Ivory Gace. Twenty." A light green goblin, with dark hair and dark eyes.

"Telfour Octave, son of Pin and Pen Octave. Twenty-two." A light purple fellow with white hair and pink eyes.

"Ulrich La Row, son of Binky and Red La Row. Twenty-five." Ulrich has a deep red for his skin and eyes, and ebony hair.

"Hm, who's next? The Draconians! Pruet Zdenek, son of Ru and Ky Zdenek. Eighteen. Wow, isn't he a nasty fellow?" Pruet is very muscular, with black scales as skin and red eyes and hair.

"Lise Quent. Daughter of Salivor and Celly Quent. Sixteen." Purple scales with light hair and ice blue eyes.

"Now our last Draconian! Norice Saber, son of Su and Le Saber. Nineteen." The opposite of Pruet, very scrawny with red scales and black hair and eyes.

"Onto our non-magickal folks, the pesky humans!" When the announcer said that all eyes drifted to the obvious humans, the ones that look normal.

"Quint Olympe, son of Ellee and Eldor Olympe. Eighteen." My eyes drifted to Quint, he lives in Garin with me. He's tall and blond, with brown eyes.

"Alion Urbain, son of Tee and Rae Urbain. Nineteen." Alion has shaggy black hair and green eyes.

I take in a deep breath, I'm next. "Elaina Orville, daughter of Caine and Mabelle. Fifteen. Isn't she a tiny thing? How adorable." I quiver under the stares as everyone takes me in. My chestnut hair, my silver eyes, and the freckles that dot across my nose.

"Oh the famous Elves! The conquerors almost every time this is held - only lost twice. Hopefully this year won't be their third." There's a pause before the announcer continues, "Oh dear, Prince Soren Delmer. Son of King Veryl and Queen Celesse Delmer. One-hundred and sixteen." My eyes drift to the only one that could possibly be Soren. A light elf. Light blonde hair, and dark blue eyes.

For a moment our eyes converge, and I almost let out a small heave.

"Isidore Fabien, son of Obsydian and Zar Fabien. One-hundred and nineteen."