seventeen

Jihyun walked to the park again, hoping that Jaehyun was there. She missed her friend, and she certainly wanted some night talks with him.

Though she wasn't sure if he was there because it was just early 7 pm, she just went on. She frowned a bit when she saw no one and walked to the restaurant where Mark and Jaehyun worked.

To her surprise, she only saw Mark no matter how many times she looked around. Noticing her presence, Mark put down the plate he was holding and wiped his hands.

"Hey, Jihyun. What brought you here?" Mark asked. Jihyun looked around again and asked.

"Where is Jaehyun?" Mark frowned at the question.

"Oh, he didn't tell you, huh. He quit. He went back to his hometown." Jihyun's eyes widened. What? Are you serious? He left?

"W-why?" Mark just shrugged. Though, Mark knows the real reason, it should be Jaehyun telling her that.

"Well, I-i don't really know myself." Mark lied. Jihyun sighed and looked around, again.

"Okay then, I'll go now, Mark." Mark nods, but he notices a glint of sadness in her eyes.

"Jihyun." He called again. Jihyun looked at him.

"Yes?" Jihyun wasn't in the mood to talk anymore, especially after she knew that she probably won't see Jaehyun ever again.

"Do you like Jaehyun-hyung?" This made Jihyun stop breathing for a while. She was utterly confused on why Mark was asking her this. Isn't the answer quite obvious though?

"No, I don't. I like Yuta-oppa." Mark nods understandingly.

"Okay. Bye Jihyun." He smiled at her and Jihyun nods, still confused.

She went out of the store, confused and sad. But she remembers she had to meet Yuta at the park.

She went back to the park, earlier than their arranged time, but sees someone else.