alternate ending

Jaehyun walked out of his workplace, a small smile playing on his lips. He expected to see Jihyun at the same place, and talk to her again after all the drama.

But much to his disappointment, Jihyun was not at the place.

Ah, what did I expect? She was waiting for Yuta, after all. Not me.

He walked away with a heavy feeling lingering in his heart. He decided to walk around town, as usual. It was just 8 pm, the night was young.

He was aimlessly walking around, looking at shops. It was cold, autumn was already there, and in just a matter of time, winter will be present. He was not wearing his jacket, he was just wandering, wearing his hoodie. Mark was at home, resting, he didn't go to work, partially explaining why Jaehyun was alone.

"Jaehyun!" A familiar voice calls, he looks back, and sees Jihyun, panting.

"Oh, Jihyun." She ran to him with a slight frown.

"Why are you wandering without a jacket? Do you want to get sick again?" Jaehyun just stares at her, pain still present in his heart.

"Jaehyun?" She calls to him, as he was petrified on his spot.

"Hello, Jung Jaehyun??" She calls again, and taps his cheek, struggling to do so as Jaehyun is almost a foot taller than her.

"O-oh, what? Well, I left my jacket at home." Jihyun just shakes her head.

"You should go home, Jaehyun." Jaehyun nods, but then, looks at her.

"Did you..." Jaehyun starts, then takes a deep breah so he can prepare himself for her answer.

"Did you go back to Yuta?" Jaehyun asks. He felt a small stab in his heart, after asking this. Probably, the answer will be much more of a stab though.

"I thought about it for some time, and after a hard time deciding, I decided not to go back to him. It just didn't feel right to go back to him when deep inside, my heart wanted someone else." Jaehyun looked shocked, he expected Jihyun to go back to Yuta, but it didn't happen. My heart wanted someone else? Who?

"Jaehyun?" Jaehyun snapped out of his short trance and looked at Jihyun.

"Oh, um, really? Well, if it's your decision! I'm gonna go home now, it's getting colder. Bye, Jihyun." Jihyun nods and smiles. She watched Jaehyun walk away with a small smile lingering on her face.

"Jaehyun, if you just know."

-------

Jaehyun was just on his bed, it was a cold Sunday morning. He didn't want to do anything, and he doesn't have work either. He just looked at his ceiling mindlessly, his mind fluttering to different things.

Suddenly, his phone rings, a notification. He lazily got his phone and looked at the notification. He immediately stood up to take a bath.

------

"Sorry, I was just spacing off." Jihyun laughed at him. Jaehyun arrived at the place 15 minutes later than planned.

"No sweat, it was a sudden plan. Anyways, let's go in a cafe?" Jihyun said with a smile. He nodded and they walked to the cafe together.

They got the drinks they wanted and just sat quietly.

"Jaehyun." She called with a gentle tone. Jaehyun looked up and put down his drink. He hummed in response and she continued speaking.

"Do you know why I didn't get back with Yuta?" She started. Jaehyun shook his head and wondered why they were talking about this again. Could it be?

"It's because I like someone else. Do you want to know who it is?" She asked. She was nervous, for a fact. She didn't know how he will react, but she took the risk. Jaehyun nodded, unsure of how to answer.

"It's you, Jaehyun." Jaehyun looked at her in shock, and then slowly smiled.

"Do you mean it?" He asked in a soft tone. He was happy, very happy in fact.

"Yes, I do. I love you, Jaehyun." Jaehyun stood up happily and hugged her tight.

"Thank you, I love you too, Jihyun."

-------

aHhh im so sorry this is so bad and yall waited for so long ): anyw thanks for reading this shit and hope yall support me if ever i write some other nct fic again goodbye !