ten

"Did you see Thor: Ragnarok yet?" Austin asked the brunette across from him.

Dylan didn't bother to look up from her drawing as she shook her head.

"Did you want to go see it on Friday then?"

Again, she shook her head, but this time she lifted her gaze. "I don't like Marvel."

His jaw dropped slightly. This girl was a nerd about everything else, but didn't like Marvel. "You're joking."

"Nope," she said, popping the 'p', "B and my dad love it, but Mom and I usually don't watch with them."

"So you've seen a few movies then?"

"I mean, not in full. Just bits a pieces when they've been watching them and I pass through the family room."

Austin crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back in his chair. "What I'm hearing is you've judge an entire cinematic universe based on a few clips."

Scrunching up her nose and narrowing her eyes, she set her pencil down, giving the boy across from her full attention now. "I just don't like action movies that much. I feel like I would get bored so easily, you know?"

"Trust me they're so fun to watch and the characters can be so funny," he spoke, "You love Harry Potter and they have just a bit more action. There fight scenes are way cooler too."

Dylan sighed. "Yeah, sure, whatever you say Porter."

"How 'bout this? You watch Captain America: The First Avenger with me just to get you started. If you absolutely hate it, I'll watch the whole first season of 'Criminal Minds' with you, no complaints."

The girl's eyes widened. She had tried to convince him on Sunday to watch it with her instead of 'the Office'. His excuses were that he thought he wouldn't like it because he wasn't one for crime shows. Although she said that he would probably really like it, he held his ground and they ended up watching 'the Office' which they both liked.

"I'll only agree if you watch it no matter what."

"Okay, but it has to be Captain America and Iron Man."

"Sounds good to me," she said as they made another pinky promise.

As they left their lunch period, they agreed to watch the first Captain America movie after school. Instead of hanging out at her house like she was expecting, Austin had told her he would drive her back to her house after the movie, which meant she would be going to his house for the first time. She was anxious then.

"You're going to his house!" Everett whisper-shouted at their lockers. She had texted him on her way out of their last period about her plans with Austin.

Dylan twisted her combination into the lock of her locker. "Yeah, I don't understand why I'm so anxious. It's literally just him."

Her best friend looked past the opened locker door to watch her switch out her books. "I don't know, maybe because you've never been to his house before and you'll most likely be in his room."

"Firstly, drop the sarcasm," she slammed her locker door shut, "and secondly, nothings going to happen because we are just friends. He's been in my room a thousand times it feels like and nothings happened then. It's no different."

Everett draped his arm over her shoulders as they walked out to the student parking lot. "I don't understand why you're so nervous then. Just think about it as if you are at your place."

"Yeah, I guess."

Dylan still hadn't mentioned to Brandon that she wasn't riding home with him, but luckily for her all of the boys parked by each other. As the two friends approached the guys' cars, they said their goodbyes and went their separate ways.