Chapter 4: Pain

Last time in Zak Storm: Kidnapped.....

"There goes another limb boy."

"My bones may break and I may become immobile. But a threat is just a sound."

"You will break boy."

Zak sat in his cell yet again. It had now been two weeks. Every four days Bones would force salt water down Zak's throat, and every seven Bones gave Zak a single Apple. By now, both of Zak's arms were broken, he had new scars, and three broken fingers. "I won't break. I will never join him. I am Zak Storm, and I will not become evil. No matter what they do to me. I won't break." Zak said to himself "I won't break. I won't break. I won't break. I won't break. I refuse to break. They can't force me to join them, and I would never join them anyway."

"Keep telling yourself that boy." Bones said as he opened the cell door "Because something tells me you're wrong."

"Just leave me alone."

"Come on."

Bones dragged Zak yet again through the halls to Skullivar's throne room. Once Bones left Skullivar spoke "This is your last chance boy. Join me."

"I already told you. I will NEVER join you."

"You see that is where you are wrong boy. Golden Bones."

Bones walked back into the room and held the tip of his hook against Zak's throat. "Should I kill him master Skullivar?"

"Not yet." Bones grabbed the collar of Zak's shirt and picked him up off the ground. Zak didn't struggle against Golden Bones' grip and just dangled there. "Have I broken your will yet boy?" Skullivar asked him

"Nothing you do to hurt me will ever scare me into joining you Skullivar."

"Pathetic. Golden Bones lock him up. Do not feed him or give him water until I say."

"Yes Master Skullivar." Bones said as he began to walk to the door

"You know you won't break me. I have a will of steel." Zak said as Bones carried him out of the room

"We will see about that Zak Storm. We will see."