Two

Songs for the Chapter:

Shot At The Night - The Killers

Wings - Birdy

Hold On - Lewis Watson

The Enemy - Andrew Belle

- Andrea's POV-

It's been three days since Benji hit me and I could still see the cut on my lip. I sat on the counter that held the sink in my bathroom and leaned in closer to the mirror hanging on the wall. The cut stretched from the middle of my top lip to the corner of it in a slanted line. It was scabbing over thankfully enough and I could hide it if I wanted to, but it wasn't like I was going anywhere. Since that night, Ben has been on me, protecting me like he wasn't the cause of my hurt. He would hug me and handle me delicately like he always would after he hit me, waiting until I was strong enough to take it again. It's not like I wouldn't provoke him though. It was partially my fault too, wasn't it?

Thankfully, Ben got an emergency call today and left without telling me. That meant he'd be so tired in the morning, he would swing by after I went to work at the club. I could go somewhere today. Maybe the local bar with Court- but now that I think about it, maybe not Court. I knew I couldn't really blame her for what happened but I still did. She caused the fight, didn't she? Or was that just me and my smart mouth? I didn't know. I could just go to the bar. It'd be fun, talking to strangers. Exciting even- but, I shouldn't, right? I mean, last time I went out to a bar, Benji was screwing my sister. But, I highly doubt he'd be seeing my sister now. She moved halfway across the world. We don't even talk anymore.

I remember how I found out Ben cheated on me. At the time, I was still living with Lizzie and we shared practically everything, so it's no surprise we shared him too. Benji was supposed to meet me at Helvetica, the new diner that was so expensive people honestly had to book a reservation a year in advance. I really wanted to go there so Benji called the owner, pulled some strings, and got us a 'last minute slot' in the fancy restaurant. It was our two year anniversary and I wanted to wear something nice so I waltzed into Lizzie's room to grab something black and perhaps a bit revealing. I was feeling into it that night. I discovered a note that had cursive writing Ben would always use when writing me letters sprawled across a corner of ripped paper. I thought it curious, considering that there was a hotel room number on it and a time. But then again, I never doubted my sister. She loved me and maybe she was just hiding it because she wanted to give me the note when she came home from work at the theater.

So, I took the note, placed it in my purse, and drove to Helvetica, surprised when Ben wasn't there. He was rarely ever late. And so, I waited for him. One hour, two hours, maybe even three and a half. I still had the note in my purse by the time the waiter came around and asked me if my husband was coming. I corrected him, telling the poor man that Ben was my boyfriend but shook my head and thanked the blonde boy. The man showed me the way out- not that I didn't already know how to get there myself- and asked if he could do anything else for me. I politely turned him down, more than once, and finally left, clutching the note I had removed from my purse while walking out. I didn't know why but something compelled me to drive to that hotel and find the room. So, I knocked and waited. Then waited. And waited. When suddenly, Ben opened the door. I originally thought he was just waiting for me to see the note but he wasn't wearing anything but boxers and a white undershirt. But then, I heard my sister's voice asking Benji- my Benji- who it was. I exploded, yelling at everyone. I couldn't believe it. I threw a lamp at Benji, a vase at my sister and my phone which all shattered. I was petrified. Yet, I managed to leave before things actually got serious.

My sister came home that night, begging for my forgiveness but I refused to speak to her. Benji didn't call for a week, or even bother to show up to say sorry. I was surprised when my sister said she was moving to Toronto and that she'd be out of the place by the end of the month. Court was there for me the whole time, so I asked her to move in. Benji showered me with flowers a week after my sister left and I don't know why but I took him back. I could never keep my head around him. My sister tried calling me a couple of times after she left to say she was sorry. I either completely ignored her or got into another argument with her. In the end, she gave up on me like I gave up on her. My mum tried getting us to talk again but I got into an argument with her too. She said Benji wasn't good for me and, while that was true, I still defended him. My mum even took Lizzie's side saying that it wasn't her fault. Now that, I highly doubted. Lizzie came back to Manchester and my mum pushed me to meet up with her. Now that fight I didn't start, for once. I told her to drop dead because I never wanted to see her again. I said she was already practically dead to me and some other pretty nasty things. I haven't seen Lizzie since then. That was three years ago.