Possession

Without warning the thunder sounds out from the vanishing blue canopy of the sky.

Odin's radius consumes itself into the space of Bryon's.

Luki with his finished black band of a tattoo around his eyes, looking up at what they call training. He's on the ground like every other adult male wolf, bleeding with there bones broken. Only two males remain standing. Odin looks at his Uncle, just for Luki to nod his head once before he grabs into the dirt with nails as if trying to cement himself into the very world itself.

Odin and Bryon.

Ancient forest greens locked into a stare with the golden sun.

There can only be, One.

A hush gathers throughout, and even the distant rumbling of Nature has settled itself down to watch. Alpha Borson did not take part in this training. He sat on the sidelines watching everything, except me. His eyes refuse to meet mine, even when I stared hard at them - he keeps a respectful downturned gaze.

The females of the Far North have gathered around as well. It's our turn after the last male is left standing. My eyes hone into the female that wears Odin's gem on her neck. Her eyes find mine before they fall on Odin's body. He's only wearing a pair of shorts, not even shoes. I've come to notice that out here in the summer grounds he always walks around in as much skin as he can without being offensive.

The female starts at his bare feet, running hungry eyes up his ankles, to the ball of his calves. The Wild within notices the way the female is fingering the gem on her neck that holds my Half's eye color. A flash of fang to the female who only has Odin's view in her consideration. That lewd finger rubbing into the gem the more she regards him. I'm going to take that necklace off her throat - even if her head needs to come off for that to happen.

A torrent of rage surging through the marrow of who I am. I can feel it vibrating trying to crack open the skin's shell to release the Wild housed within.

Flesh, clashing against flesh as the top two males left standing bring their Wars on one another.

Without fear to cause pain, they descend into the hierarchy that Nature demands on all of us.

There can only be One.

Bryon is swift but Odin is gifted with speed that surpasses the eye's ability to follow. My father does not possess what Odin has control over.

Movement

The hits are placed carefully on Bryon's body, the leg snaps first. The opposite arm follows next, the jaw hit exactly right at the hinge causes a facial droop to an otherwise symmetrical face. Even if Bryon decides to shift to his Wild, it's useless because the jaw has no power now to bite and tear a throat out.

Bryon's body gives out before Bryon's mind does. Odin crouching low, his hand goes to his broken leg. He's saying something in his ear, that Bryon nods too. Then Odin's hand grips the fractured arm, which causes Bryon to grimace but no sound comes out. Another few words are spoken to Bryon. Finally, he grasps the broken jaw in his hand, it causes the male's eyes to water. "If he can't open his mouth to bite, then he can't take your throat," Odin says this loud enough for even me to hear. Bryon nods his head and in a small gesture shows the soft part of his neck to Odin, a submission to a more significant power.

There can only be One.

When Odin fully rises, he's the only one left standing, the ground holding the blood of others. He walks his path forward, bloody footprints trail after him until he comes directly within my radius. I can feel the gluttony within him as his nose trails along the soft part of my neck. A nip against my throat.