Things Were All Good Yesterday, But Then The Devil Took Your Memories

I walk into the new penthouse, "How do you like it?" Lucille smiles at me,"I love it!" I walk towards my room and place my shopping bags onto my bed. I exit from the room and yell at Lucille, "Shall we go fetch someone to eat, darling, I'm sure those asshole did not feed you." Lucille exits her room in a new outfit; she had on a long sleeved red top that exposed her shoulders slightly and a black pair of shorts. A slight smirk appears upon her lips, "We shall, I am, indeed, starving." I nod and walk back into my room, in search for an outfit that blood couldn't stain. I pick out a long sleeve black crop top with an oval hole over my stomach, revealing skin and a short black skirt with matte black heels. I exit the room once again and comb my fingers through my blonde hair. I watch Lucille as she put on a pair of black Toms.
We link arms with each other as we walk down the dark roads of New Orleans. Feeding in the morning was my favorite time to feed, all of the drunks were out stumbling all over the place. Therefore, if someone screams, no one would possibly care enough to question someone's safety. I hear a woman and a man speaking in hostility towards each other, catching my attention. I turn, walking toward the voices and see a blonde girl being hauled off my a police man. Camille, the woman Niklaus fancies. A smirk slithers its way onto my lips as I recall his hostility towards me and my daughter. I begin walking towards Camille, my heels clicking with each confident step I take.
I stop once a light explodes above Camille and the police man. Camille gasps with fear and ducks down, her blonde hair whipping around her. A vampire appears and slams the police man's head into the door beside the two bickering individuals. The man glares at Camille, who stands there frozen for a slip second. She attempts to run, but the vampire swiftly grabs her arm, "Ah Ah Ah." He pulls her toward him and places both of his hands onto her arms, forcing her to look at him, "Cold blooded killer? Camille, what a socking turn of the cards?" He then puts the blonde into a choke hold and speaks again with great confidence, "You should rest, we've got a big day ahead of us." The girl begins to pant with fear, but starts to slowly drift off into unconsciousness. As he picks up the girl, about to flee, I begin walking towards the scene with Lucille directly beside me, "And where do you think you will be taking my dinner?" My words escape virulently, catching the vampire's attention. I stand an acceptable distance away from him and speak yet again, "Cat got your tongue? You seemed pretty charismatic with Camille." The vampire drops the blonde to the ground with a loud thud, "I do not believe that we have the pleasure of meeting before." I nod in agreement that we had not yet encountered each other, "How rude of me, my name is Cynthia. This is my sister Lucille." Once the vampire looks at me in the eyes, I know exactly who he is. "Call me Lucien," His words escape in a cocky tone, causing slight agitation. "So are all of the elders apart of your species as cocky as you and Sir Tristan de Martel?" Sarcasm trips from my words as I look from him to my nails, fiddling with them. Lucien begins to approach closer towards Lucille and I, causing my instincts to kick in. I jump in front of Lucille, pushing her behind me. "As a matter of fact, we are," He approaches me further, after my intuitive action, making himself only a few inches away. An idea abruptly emerges into my mind. I take a single step closer towards the, supposedly psychotic, vampire and bring my hand to the side of his face and cup his cheek. As I cup his cheek, I look into his eyes and begin humming. I force him to open his mind to me without realizing.
A vision of Lucien's life replays all at one time. Lucien tumbles over his words after being found in the carriage, of which contained nobles the Mikaelson family ate, attempting to save his life. "Wait, wait, wait! I can help you, I am a personal servant to the Count de Martel of the very estate you just mentioned. I was sent to escort these guests to his home for a lengthy stay; I know their customs, as well as the Counts' habit. If you mean to pose as the family you have slaughtered here, then you will need my help to carry out your ruse," The fear is Lucien's eyes erupt more and more after each terrified word.
Men throw axes at targets, showing off for the women, in attempt to find one to court to elope with. Tristan approaches a woman, I presume to be Aurora, his sister. Lucien's eyes never tear from the girl as he approaches the one and only Niklaus. "Impressive work M'lord," Lucien speaks in a nervous tone. He is clearly human, and love sick. Niklaus looks up at Lucien, from the piece of wood he is carving into, with a smile, "It's a trifle, meant to pass a dull day but I'll take it, along with the word of a friend." Lucien grins at Niklaus' words and continues, "It is as a friend that I come to you now; there is something I must as of you." He pauses for a split second and pulls out a piece of paper, "For the lady Aurora. If you were to deliver this to her in secret I would be eternally grateful." He looks up from his words at the woman
Seconds after Lucien attempting to be kind and shy about his affections for the woman, Niklaus was before her. The two were together; as the couple kisses, Lucien enters the hallway that contained all three of the individuals. "No," Lucien's voice escapes, completely broken. "You were not meant to see this, "Niklaus' selfish words escape with no sympathy. "I trusted you!" Lucien yells towards Niklaus.
A group of guards approach the hallways, Aurora gives the appearance of Lucien holding her hands while sitting on the ground. Tristan looks down at Lucien with a mix of anger and disappointment, "You." Aurora gasps once she notices her brothers presence. Aurora quickly pulls her hand from Lucien. "Take him, " Tristan's cold, infuriated tone could practically sentence anyone to death.
Lucien is detained by chains as Tristan stalks behind him. "I fear I'm being lenient given his intentions for my sister, " Tristan speaks to Niklaus, covered in Lucien's blood due to beating the servant. "Why torture a loyal servant? I'm sure this was all a misunderstanding, " Niklaus speaks in attempt to free Lucien from Tristan's abuse. Tristan glares, "One that remains outside your concern. As son of the Count, I may discipline staff as I see fit. Should you take issue, allow me to remind you that you're a guest." With that being said, he rotates and collides the whip, already dripping with blood, to Lucien's bloodied back yet again. Lucien screams in pain once the whip makes contact. I stare at the scene with affinity, though I was no servant, I could relate.
Tristan approaches Lucien, who is still contained within chains. Tristan pulls a knife from the front of his clothing and wrenches Lucien's head rearward,by his hair long, brown, towards his bloodied back. Lucien begins to heavily gasp as Tristan's blade comes closer towards his face. Heavy screams begin to erupt as Tristan carves in Lucien's mouth. Blood pour from his mouth, as he forces his head downward, only the sound of groans leaving his mouth due to the unbearable pain.
I begin to feel sick to my stomach and suddenly tear my palm from his cheek. I take a step backward and just look at him astonished. His story was much more than what I could have possibly gathered. Lucien's cockiness had faded once he was sent to replay that miserable piece of his life, forcing me to wonder, how could he possibly be so cocky? He vampiric speeds close to me unexpectedly and puts his hands around my throat, seconds from choking me. "How did you do that?" His tone implies that he is angry and unsure, all at once. My abilities scare him. I place my hand onto his and whisper in a warning tone, "I can do it again if you'd like." He immediately let's go and disappears, along with Camille. I turn to see a concerned Lucille, "What did you see, never have I seen such a stunned look from you before?" I turn away from the location Lucien had just been and exit the premises.
I dig my teeth into the throat of a woman with a navy blue dress on and a diamond necklace just above my teeth. I clutch her raven black hair in my fists, holding her body still as I tear into her flesh. After eating enough, I tear my teeth from her neck and look up at Lucille, whom was repeating my actions but with indifferent company. She was piercing her teeth into a slim, petite man. I wipe my bloody lips with the sleeve of my red shirt, attempting to remove the sticky liquid. Once Lucille pulls away, I walk towards her and wipe her face with my sleeve. I attempt to remove the blood from all over the bottom of her face.
Once I get all of the blood off of her face, I turn from the alleyway. I begin walking from the alleyway with Lucille directly behind me, leaving the bodies directly beside a dumpster. "What a mess you two make," My body instantly rotates once the confident voice escapes from behind Lucille. I go to grab her arm in attempt to pull her closer to me, but the man got to her before myself. My heart drops to the cement just below my feet once I realize who had a grasp onto Lucille. Lucien. "Lucien, I am someone you would rather not stand against. I am giving you a single warning to let go of her, " Irritation radiates from my voice, along with hidden fragments of anxiety. Lucien brings his nose to her neck and takes a deep whiff, attempting to spite me. Lucille shows no sign of terror, instead a smirk rises upon her lips. "She does, for sure, smell entirely too gracious to pass up," Once Lucien's last words escape, Lucille opens her eyes, exposing her blood red iris. A neon green shade overtakes the blood red, signalling she was using her magic, "Ah Sha Lana." Lucien drops to the cement on his hands and knees with blood falling from his eyes. Lucille looks over at me and then back at the roaring man. She grabs him by his hair and forces him to look at her in her eyes, repeatedly shifting from the blood red shade to the neon green shade. Once he looks at her directly in her eyes, getting lost within curiosity, slits begin to form in both corners of his mouth. He snatches his her toward her lips and whispers in his ear, "Too bad you won't remember." With that, she places her opposite thumb onto his forehead. She relieves his head from her hands and then returns to my side, "He does not remember seeing us, mother. He also believes that he killed the two mortals behind the dumpster." I nod at her, silently impressed with her actions. Though I am impressed, her actions also slightly disturb me. Was I the cause for her vileness? I continue walking and catch a glimpse at her every few seconds, "Maybe we could go and buy some mortal food, I haven't tasted any of that in centuries." Lucille turns her head over at me and stops walking, "I know you are worried as to why I acted in such a wicked manner. I want to be able to protect myself, I shouldn't require to be in your care for the rest of my life." I nod at her, she wanted free of my grasp. We continue walking down the streets of New Orleans as the sun rises.
More people vacate their homes and proceed themselves onto the cement. I look through the window of a business, noticing a man stalking behind Lucille and I. Spying was admittedly not one of his strong suits. I continue walking and then grab Lucille's arm, "What in the bloody hell are you doing?" Her voice was boisterous, but I ignore her cursing and pull her into another alleyway. "I'm hungry, " Lucille looks up at me curiously, answers dawning upon her finally. Once she realizes something is wrong, her eyes turn blood red. She follows me as I pull her beside the back of a building. I hear the vampire's steps as he continues down the alleyway. I turn to Lucille and mouth for her to stay here, and then walk confidently from behind the building. "You are horrid at your job, " I raise a brow after my words due to the man's familiarity. He vampiric speeds closer to me, "Maybe because this isn't my strong suit." I roll my eyes at his recklessness and smirk. My eyes change from my natural emerald green to blood red, just as Lucille's had been. The man's confidence slightly fades once he looks at my eyes, "What are you?" After the words escape from his lips I approach him further while humming. I look up at him, into his darkened eyes, "Why are you following me?" I force the lights skinned man to expose his boss's reasoning. The vampire blinks hardly any times while staring directly into my eyes and then breaks within a few seconds, "Tristan de Martel, leader of the Strix, has an interest in you and has ordered me to find out your species." I nod my head and break my gaze from the man's, continuing my connection to his mind. "I want you to tell Tristan de Martel that I am the devil and that Lucille, my sister, is my devil incarnate. Thus, if he attempts to kill me or her, we will bring hell to New Orleans," I instruct the man and then break the link I held to his mind. Before he speeds off to his boss, I turn to him with an angelic smile. "If you are smart, you'd switch sides to the winning side," My eyes switch from the blood red back to my natural emerald green as I speak directly to the vampire. As the vampire speeds away, Lucille comes out from the building and looks up at me with her sparkling, natural green eyes, "Why do you tell everyone that I am your sibling?" I advance closer to her and entangle my fingers through her wavy, brown hair, "I look much too young to be your mother. I do not wish for anyone to figure out what we are, love.". She nods and then asks yet another question, "What do you plan to do about Niklaus' lack of manners?" A smile finds its way onto my lips, "Oh, we simply prove to him we are superior than some ex-king of New Orleans." As I begin to walk away, she grabs my arm, prohibiting me from continuing. "I heard Niklaus and the hybrid girl, Hayley, have an offspring. A toddler named Hope, Niklaus' redemption." I turn from the crowded roads and back to my daughter with a smirk spread across my plump lips, "A war would for sure prohibit the Mikaelson family from leaving New Orleans. How does a war against Original vampires sound to you, my love?" Her eyes transition to blood red once again, along with a smirk expanding across her pink, chapped lips, "Marvelous."