xix

He looks good okay???

Numb.

What an enticing, comfortable feeling. A feeling that craddles your inner child from knowing any harm. A feeling that Kim Taehyung has come to use, throwing away any other cares out of the window.

He completely blocked his (so-called) friends out of his life, finding a different corner of the school to eat in peace. His grades have fallen and his appearance has gotten sloppier, a period of his life that only lasted a couple months. It's hard, losing the love of your life to your friend. Something you knew was going to happen but wanted to ignore anyways. Now he needed to find something or someone to numb the pain he was so accustomed to. At least, that's what Taehyung was thinking when he met a certain blond individual.

What started out as some flirtatious glances quickly became the talk of the school as the red head walked down the hallway with the boy's arm around his shoulders. Light green dusted his blond-almost silver- locks, his facial features never revealed a smile. The fierce demeanour was accompanied with multiple piercings and a well known reputation.

Hoseok's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets when he saw them together. What the hell was Taehyung, his sweetest friend, doing with someone like Min Yoongi? It hurt even more when Hoseok's friend no longer spared him a glance, too busy blushing at the whispers shared between the red head and the troublemaker.

Hoseok knew exactly what Yoongi asked of his past companions and knew he had to get Tae out of there.

¤¤¤

"Please meet me." The dancer was desperate, calling Tae multiple times before leaving a voicemail. "We need to talk Taehyung, at my house. This path you're on... Just come over okay?" He didn't want to sound like a nagging parent but he cares for his friend. So much it hurts. It only took ten minutes of agonizing wait to receive a response through text.

Taesty 🍓:

What do you want?
I'm busy.

He wanted to cry at how broken they were. Once upon a time his friend would rush over and now he couldn't care less.

Hoseok😩:

Come over... I need to tell
you something.

Taesty 🍓:

Fine. If it'll shut you up...

Now all Hoseok could do is wait.

¤¤¤

"What did you want to say Hobi?" Hobi. At least there was a small sliver of hope.

"Well-"

"I'm meeting Yoongi soon so hurry up." The younger didn't even give Hoseok a chance to speak before he pushed through the open door.

"Yoongi?... Again?" The dancer couldn't hide his disappointed face even if he tried.

"Yes." Taehyung spit out, anger already boiling to the surface. "Again. You got a problem with that?"

Instead of pushing it further, he wanted to smooth things out. "Actually... kind of." But there's really no nice way to say, 'stop dating Yoongi cause he's a fucking douche bag'... or is there?

"Excuse me?" Tae's arms now crossed in front of his chest, new silver hair complemented by the light.

"Well... uh..." Hoseok's hands started feeling clamy, a thin layer of sweat collected on his forehead. "When did you change your hair? I like it a lot-"

"Shut up, don't change the subject. What do you have to say about Yoongi?"

"He-" He might as well spit it out. Can't Taehyung tell how much he still cares? How much he still aches to be near him despite the recent shoves and shunning? "He's no good for you Tae. He commits crimes and just sleeps around, I... I know you can do better."

Taehyung wanted to punch Hoseok in the face. "Do better? Ha! With who?" But he could do so much worse. "With Jimin? That failed miserably. But I bet you weren't talking about him huh?" Taehyung knew that he hit the right spot when he saw the other's face fall. "You were thinking that once Jimin and I broke up, I would come running to you. You were so wrong."

He tried to hold back his tears, bitting his lip hard enough that blood reached the surface. "No, I- didn't think that at all." His gaze lowered, unable to keep a straight face.

"You're so desperate Hoseok, everyone can see right through you. I want to be with Yoongi because he knows how to treat me. He's better than you'll ever be." There it was, the cherry on top. Taehyung knew how much internal struggle the dancer had about his image. And now he used it against his closest friend as a final push away from his life.

"Kim... Tae-hyung..." Quiet as it was, both of them could tell that Hoseok was crying based on the quiver in his voice. When he met Taehyung's gaze, all that could be seen were the sparkles of tears hiding his dilated pupils. "Why are you doing this to me? All I have done was give you my everything and this is how you treat me? I'm so fucking tired of having my feelings for you tossed around whenever you want, only to make yourself feel better. You are the shittiest person I have ever met so why am I still hopelessly in love with you?"

Silence.

Taehyung had nothing to say to him. His own heart ached when he saw Hoseok try to wipe his tears, only for them to be replaced with new ones. But he couldn't try to make him feel better when he knew there was only one thing he wanted. "Get out."

"Hoseok I-"

"Now!" He had never seen Hoseok so angry... at least, not at him. So he nodded, hands in pockets as he left, closing the door behind him. Not before he heard a quiet, "I never want to see you again."

I am so sorry that it took so long for me to update. I WAS IN FLORIDA 🔥🔥🔥🔥 I haven't been there since I moved away, I missed it so much!😭 But now I'm back in my freezing home so I'll finish this soon. 😊

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEHYUNG!!! I LOVE YOU BABY, YOU DESERVE THE WORLD ❤❤❤