ONE: RICHIE TOZIER ... GOT HOT?

THURSDAY 4th OCTOBER, 19938:53 AM — Derry High School

8:53 AM — Derry High School

"WHEN THE FUCK, did Richie Tozier get hot?" Greta loudly expressed as she eyed up the much taller boy, jaw dropped in shock as the kid who was once a scrawny, twig legged, four eyed wearing thing, now strolled through the hallways a new boy. A new man.

Richie paced down the hallway, a small smirk formed on his lips at Greta's comment.

Eddie's head snapped to his right upon hearing the pronouncement of his best friends name. He flittered his eyes around the hallway, looking for a skinny, trash mouth but was met with nothing.

"Where the —" Eddie started before the person in question came into view, "— oh. Richie! You're back!"

Eddie flung his arms around Richie's still lithe, but now bulkier frame, his head barely reached Richie's shoulder.

"Woah, chill, Eddie—Spaghetti!" Richie chuckled before returning the smaller boys hug, resting his chin atop of his head. Richie'd been away at his cousin, Mike, house in Hawkins for summer.

His parents called it ' family bonding ', Richie called bullshit, and thought it was an excuse to get him out of the house for a few months so they could forget he even existed.

The pairs eyes shut momentarily as they took in each other. Familiar scents drifted, and for Richie, at least, he felt home. However, the increased silence around them was the factor in their awkward separation.

Eddie coughed, awkwardly trying to distract his peers from focusing on the pairs lingering embrace, "So... How was Mike's?"

"Lame," Richie said, uninterested in discussing a summer he'd already had to have lived out, "all they do is play dungeons and dragons, and Mike has this crazy, weird girlfriend..." Richie lowered his voice for the next sentence as if Mike was around the corner, and not half the country away, "I think she's mental."

Eddie rolled his eyes at Richie's mannerisms, he shook his head as he scolded the boy, "that's not very nice, Richie."

"Yeah well, she made my glasses crack! She didn't even touch them!"

As Richie mentioned his glasses, Eddie noticed his lack of the coke bottle frames. His eyebrows furrowed as he actually took Richie in; like, physically in. Richie had ditched the dorky glasses; wearing contacts Eddie presumed.

On top of that, his raven locks had sprouted a few more inches, unruly and unkempt, shoved behind his ears. Eddie barely reached his shoulders now, whereas prior to summer he was nearing Richie's reasonable height.

Richie twisted the lock beside Eddie's head and pulled it open to grab his PE gear out. He slung them over his shoulder, then turned to Eddie, "ready for gym, Eds," he said as ruffled the smaller boy's mousey hair.