FIVE: FOUR WHEELS, BABY.

FRIDAY 5th OCTOBER, 19933:10 PM — Derry Public Highschool

3:10 PM — Derry Public Highschool

SCORCHING SUMMER SKIES in Autumn at least, was not something Eddie nor Richie had planned for. Both clad in polyester fleeces, unzipped and hanging off their waists, but still managing to break a sweat. The idea of biking home seemed more dangerous than Bowers.

"Hey, Eds." Richie smacked his lips together, obnoxiously chewing on a blue, peppermint piece of gum. He watched Eddie's spine shake in disgust at the sound, which only propelled Richie to repeat the sound, increasingly louder. "Follow me, you just won't believe what you're gonna see."

"Richie, I swear," Eddie groaned, crossing his arms tightly across his chest, "if you're going to show me your dick again, and ask me if it's grown, I'm not interested."

Richie released an audible, mocked gasp. "Little Richie and I are very offended. 'Sides, you're gonna like this one." Richie opened his mouth to flash Eddie a shiny grin, one which was toothy, and made his dimples seem even deeper. Eddie didn't even know that was possible. Nonetheless, he agreed to follow Richie to wherever this 'surprise' was, lazily pushing his bike from the side with two hands.

It was sort of just instinct really; Richie makes dumb, stupid plans that would make Eddie's mom buckle over in agony, and he simply followed along.

Once past the burnt orange concrete walls of Derry High, away from the watchful eyes of other students, ones that could lurk within and around, the pair relaxed. Richie had little to worry about, finding his tormentors less and fewer between; unless idiots like Bruce, or Bower's copy cats arouse. He commanded a powerful air around the school. One that said, don't fuck with me — i've seen shit.

Eddie could never find the same luck. Be it slammed into a locker, pushed over in gym, you name it, he's experienced it. Richie was a lucky charm bestowed upon Eddie — one made to make him feel safe and comforted. Not that he felt so when Richie was being so privy to this secret.

"C'mon Richie, just tell me what it is!" Eddie whined, trying to ignore the fact that they were moving in the complete opposite direction of their houses.

Richie halted his movements to turn and face Eddie. He exaggeratedly sighed at the small boy, "then it wouldn't be a surprise."

"You know," Eddie said wistfully, "my birthday isn't for another few months, right?"

"This isn't really a you present — more of an us."

Then Richie completely came to a stop, facing the hot, melting tarmac on the road. He thrust his arm out in front of Eddies torso to make sure he did the same thing, to which Eddie sighed. "Stay here," Richie mumbled incoherently before he dashed across the road, with his bike, without even looking both ways.