f.o.u.r

Although Jorja couldn't leave the hospital, Elise took her down to the cafeteria they had

Although Jorja couldn't leave the hospital, Elise took her down to the cafeteria they had. The plain walls decorated with health posters and plain tables with plain grey chairs that scraped across the ceramic floor every time someone went to sit down or stand up.
   Leaving Jorja in her wheelchair at a nearby table, Elise headed over to the counter where the paper cups, tea bags and hot water tanks sat. It was quite depressing there weren't any kettles and fresh taps to make a proper cup of tea, however the brunette still managed to get by with the resources before her.
"I mean it's not one of my best cuppa's, but it did get you out of your bed." She smiled handing Jorja the steamy drink before sitting down opposite her holding another cup in both hands warming her fingers.
However, no response came from Jorja, she blankly stared out of the window. "Jorja." Elise chimed hoping to snap her from her daydream yet there was no avail. She called out again this time a little louder, snapping her from the trance the branch just out the window had cast upon her.
"Huh, oh. Thanks for the tea, I'm sure it's fine." Jorja sipped feeling the less than hot tea flow through her body. Elise picked up on her short wince and chuckled over her cup.
"They're not allowed to make the water too hot in case you burn yourself, its just like high school all over again." The brunette chuckled trying to lift Jorja's spirit, she earned a small giggle feeling more at ease now Jorja was showing some hopes that her happiness isn't gone forever.
Jorja felt her heart flutter, being around Elise always lifted her spirits, the pain killers enhanced the ease and made her giggle continue a little more as if the comment were much funnier. Soon Jorja could feel her stomach ache from the endless fit of laughter.
Eventually, her chuckle had died down and the girls were left with warm smiles as they finished the rest of their cold tea, the jokes continuing and more reserved giggles escaped. As Jorja scanned the room, her smile dropped in to an angered frown. "What do you think you're doing here?" She scowled.
In the doorway stood the tall blonde, Simon, he wouldn't have noticed the brunette speaking to him if her eyes hadn't been burning into the side of his head. He took a small glance not recognising her at first then he felt a sharp pang down his throat as her face sunk into his memory hitting nerves, it was the girl from the crash. He swallowed hard, sweat beginning to pool on his forehead as he gathered his courage to make any noise come out of his mouth. "I'm here to see my friend actually, he's in a coma." Simon felt his words come out a little harsher than he had anticipated. It was clear the brunette hadn't received it any better from the disgust written across her face. He studied the girl, her legs looked slumped in the wheelchair battered, bruised and pale. Jorja had cuts across her arms and a few on her face, clearly the glass from the windscreen had left her perfect skin tainted.
From studying her, Simon began to hear her screams inside his head, they rang through his mind causing him to feel woozy. He knew he needed to apologise. They'd probably be seeing a lot more of each other in the hospital. "I'm sorry, it wasn't meant to come out that harsh." He stuttered trying to find some ease wash onto the brunette but nothing changed, she was filled with rage. "Send my apologies to your friend." He began to turn and walk away without the water.
         "Friend?"
         Jorja choked out causing Simon to stop dead in his tracks. "That. Was my boyfriend, and he's dead." His heart dropped to the pit of his stomach, he couldn't possibly make the situation worse, her words were like venom from a vicious snake.
        Jorja slumped back into the wheelchair and her emotions washed over her as she sobbed like a small child. "I'll take you back to your room." Elise spoke softly getting out of her seat in a hurry, she wheeled the small brunette back into her room.
      She sniffled and rubbed the tears from her eyes, "I don't want to go there, I want Arron!" she yelled, tears still flooding down her red cheeks.
      Elise couldn't do anything but offer a hand to soothe her tears whilst taking her back to her room. She was aware it was no ones fault, but telling that to Jorja would only result in making it worse.
        As the two arrived back beside Jorja's bed, Jorja managed to use her arms and body strength to pull her self into the bed herself and continued to sob until falling into a slumber.