ONE

"Oh, come on! It'll be fun!" Nancy pouted, looking to a slightly irritated Emily Sinclair. The Wheeler girl shoved the flyer in her face, an invitation to Tina's Halloween party.

"Yeah, uh, no." Emily rolled her eyes, trying to walk past Nancy to get to her locker. Nancy stepped in front of her, stopping her path.

"You know I don't take no for an answer." Nancy spoke.

"Yeah? Well, you should start."

When Emily finally got around her friend, she was met with the sight of Steve, leaning against her locker, waiting for her to walk over with Nancy and talk to him. The girl smiled slightly and waved to her best friend, walking over to him. The two had known each other for a very long time, and were almost like siblings. She kept him in line, and he helped her keep in touch with her wild side.

"Hi Steve." Emily smiled, that smile slowly turning into a grin when Nancy walked over to him and tucked herself under his arm. Sure, it was a little odd that both of her best friends were dating, but they were cute together (even if Emily was more team Jancy).

"Emily, you're going to this, right?" He waved a bright orange paper in front of her, another party invite, making her roll her eyes once again.

"Steve, you know that parties aren't my thing."

"Yes, I do, but come on, Em! Everyone is going, and I want you to be there with me at my last high school halloween party."

Emily sighed and let out a loud groan, earning a few odd looks from other students who were passing by. He did have a point, and who knows, maybe it'd be fun.

"You know, sometimes I hate the both of you." She tried to act angry, but she couldn't help the smile that formed on her lips.

The couple opposite her smiled, and Steve pulled his best friend into a hug.

"You're the best, Em."

"Yeah, I know."

☽ ☼

hi y'all !! this is my first actual story on wp, and my first stranger things story ever. i don't know if i want to make this into a whole book if nobody will read it, so if you all think i should continue, drop a comment and tell me what you think :))