Wedding Part 2 Ch 40

Draco's POV

Hermione walked down the aisle and smiled at me. I started to tear up. She looked beautiful in her dress. Her father was by her side, just as she should be, and when they got up to me, he kissed her cheek and whispered something in her ear, and then she turned to Mr. Weasley, and he told her how beautiful she looked, and she stood next to me. 

"Thank you, Draco; however, you did that, really. It is the most amazing gift I have ever received. I love you so much." She was crying already, and so was I. I took her hand and kissed them.

"Anything for you, sweetheart."

Shaklebolt proceeded with the ceremony, but I barely heard any of it because I couldn't help but get lost in Hermione's eyes. They were so beautiful.

"Draco and Hermione have chosen to write their own vows. Draco, you may go first." He spoke clearly and loudly so everyone could hear.

"Hermione, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I promise to make sure for the rest of your life you have anything that makes you happy. To protect you and care for you always. You have given meaning back to my life, and I will show you for the rest of our days how much you mean to me." I was crying again.

"Hermione," Shaklebolt said.

"Draco, you are my forever, and you are everything I need now and forever. I am so pleased you found me in that corridor the first night back. I am so happy we got to know each other and fall in love. I will never forget about our corridor. I promise to be by your side every day, no matter what. I promise to help you protect you, learn from you, and make you laugh every day. You make me happy every day, and I will love you with my whole heart forever." She started crying, and I squeezed her hands.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

I pulled Hermione in and kissed her lovingly. When we broke apart, everyone clapped, and I led her down the aisle.

The reception was in the ballroom of the manor. Everyone sat in their places, and a band mother and Hermione had picked started to play while everyone ate dinner. Hermione and I held hands and walked around to thank everybody, never leaving each other's sides. I would never leave her side.

We went out for our first dance, and one of Hermione's favorite songs played. We held one another in our arms, and we just let the rest of the world melt away. She was my everything. My world. And we would have a wonderful life.