3.) Body Bag

It wasn't long before I was kicked out of Rafael's office and I wasn't complaining one bit about that, I just knew now that I had no idea where to go from here.

I didn't think I would see as many people as I did just on my way to the dining room. Each and every single one of them either looked at me like I was some delicious piece of bacon or like I was some bug that they had just squashed under their favorite pair of designer shoes. I shrugged every look off. The badder I looked, the less I figured they'd test me.

These men didn't and never would respect women though. I could be the baddest bitch on the block and they'd still try to take advantage of me.

"Look at what we have here," I spun around to face the intruding voice. I tried to take a step back as the man grabbed at my dress, but ran right into the table, wedging myself between it and the man. "You're new," he inched closer to me, his hot breath hitting my neck and sending shivers down my spine.

He smelt terrible. Like literal sweat and blood. He smelt a lot better than he looked though.

I pressed my hands against his chest and tried to push him away, his shirt squishing underneath them. I pulled my hands away, my tanned skin tainted red now.

It took every ounce of self control I had not to scream. Who would have helped me though?

No one.

"You look familiar," he said while looking down at my body, he even tried to get me away from the table so he could look at my ass. I didn't budge though and it didn't seem like he cared enough to fight me on it.

"Rafael has her here. Gianna Moretti. Ugo Moretti's youngest," another man who just so happened to be crossing rooms asked.

His lips twitched up into an evil little smile, "Gianna? Such a pretty name for an even prettier girl. Your mama just left us..." he let his last sentence dangle in the air.

He probably knew very well how to use his words to hurt someone.

Not probably. He did.

"Sweet girl. Pretty too for an older woman. You look like her too."

Survival mode kicked in and I started to slap this man away. I was getting a rapey vibe from him and I had a feeling that if I didn't do something soon, I'd probably meet the same fate my mother had.

"Rafael says I'm to be treated like a queen," I cried the words out as he held me in place with one arm, my strongest efforts doing nothing. "This isn't being treated like that."

"You're a rat and rats don't get special treatment, sweet heart," he squeezed my neck with one hand and used the other to snake his way under my dress.

I crossed my legs to make it harder on him and once again tried to fight him off, but I was little and he was much bigger than me.

He nipped at my ear now and tried to use both his hands to uncross my legs, but if there was one thing I had, it was leg strength.

"I'm going to have you for breakfast, just like I had your mama. Every. Morning," I could tell he was becoming frustrated with me and my lack of willingness to let him have his way with me.

"No!"

I was a fighter.

If I'm going down, I'm going down kicking and screaming.

"Ahem," the man stopped and whipped around to to see Rafael. An angry Rafael. "What are you doing, Frank?"

I stepped away from this Frank, so now I wouldn't be trapped anymore. Rafael's eyes followed me every inch I moved.

He was at a loss for words, and I could almost see the wheels turning in his head.

I wasn't going to wait for him to think of some lie though, "You know exactly what he was doing!" I yelled.

Rafael's eyes fixed on me once again, and this time it seemed more demeaning, "I know what I saw. I just need to hear it."

I rolled my eyes and tried to leave the room, but as I was passing Rafael, he grabbed my wrist roughly and pulled me back, holding me in place at his side. "We're not done yet, Gianna."

I gave him a spiteful look as I yanked my wrist away from him. There wasn't a whole lot of room to challenge him on this, and I wasn't even sure if I wanted to after the Frank incident.

"This one isn't up for grabs. For anyone. She's to be treated like one of us," Rafael said, but his crooked smile came back and that made my skin crawl. Frank followed him in making the same face.

Was I missing something?

"The weakest one of us, of course," Rafael laughed, his arm snaking around my waist.

There was nothing worse than wanting to scream for help, but knowing there was no one around that would come to your rescue. It was almost like one of those dreams where you wanted to scream and you really felt like you were but nothing was coming out of your mouth.

Rafael used his other hand to cover my mouth as if I had been screaming bloody murder this entire time. Maybe I should have been. Maybe there was one good person willing to challenge Rafael.

I thought about biting his hand, but then I remembered that he probably had a weapon of some sort on him. My life might have been shit right now, but I was determined to get out of here.

I wouldn't be doing so in a body bag.

So, instead of biting his hand, I reached up and grabbed it, trying to pull it away. There was a bit of a struggle before he ultimately used the other hand to hold my hands in place.

"Leave us," Rafael barked the order out before slamming me into the table and wedging me between it and himself. He also pushed my head into its marbly coldness and held it there firmly with his hand.

I knew Frank wasn't going to do anything to help me, but I wasn't so keen on the idea of him leaving. I don't know, for some reason it seemed like Rafael was less likely to assault me if someone else was in the room.

Flawed logic, I know.

I couldn't see Frank leave, but I heard him walk out of the room and close the French doors behind him.

I let out a helpless whimper as Rafael's face inched closer to my neck, "Did he touch you, Gianna?" It almost sounded like he was blaming me for something one of his men did.

I didn't want to answer his stupid question so I stayed silent. I knew he knew exactly what Frank did and planned on doing more of.

He grabbed a fistful of my hair and yanked, pulling me back into a standing position as I let out a painful yelp, "I asked you a question."

"You know!"

I couldn't see him because he was behind me, but I knew he probably couldn't have looked necessarily happy right now.

The last thing I heard before I was overcome by shock and fear was his zipper coming undone.

And so a body bag it was...