XXIX. - The Game Plan -

Maine woke up early the next morning. She stretched her arms and legs before she got out of bed. Her conversation with RJ the night before went by smoother than she thought it would be. Maine told him she was leaving and surprisingly, RJ took it very well. He told her she would still sleep in the guest room and that they would spend the rest of her final week having fun. After tying her hair into a ponytail, Maine walked out of her room and went downstairs to cook some breakfast. But as soon she made the turn on the corner leading to the kitchen, Maine already saw RJ and Kirby eating in the dining room.

"Good morning, sleepy head." RJ said in his deep manly morning voice. Kirby turned to his side and Maine saw a huge smile on the little boy's face.

"Good morning, Mommy." He greeted in the sweetest way possible. Maine blushed and greeted him back.

"Good morning din, Baby Kirbs. Ang cute mo, emeghed." She told him. RJ then sat up and pulled a chair for her, Maine smiled and sat next to him.

"Bakit Mommy na lang yung tawag niya sa akin? Wala na yung Maine? Tinuruan mo ano?" she asked him. RJ's face turned red and he quickly looked away.

"Hindi ah ... I don't know what you're talking about." He replied and Maine grinned.

"Sus, patay malisya ... bakit ikaw pa nagluto sana ako na lang, baka ma-late ka pa sa office niyo niyan." She said before pouring hot coffee in her mug.

"Bagay mo naman di ba? Ako yung Daddy tapos ikaw yung Mommy." RJ then said and Maine almost spilled the coffee on herself.

"HOMAYGAHD .... HOYYYY DI PA AKO READY ... WAG KANG GANYAN!" she said and RJ laughed out loud.

"I also told Lala I'm taking an indefinite leave. She said I can so yep, I'll be here with you all week long." RJ uttered with a smug look on his face.

"Uy, baka mapagalitan ka naman sa tatay mo niyan."

"I don't care. He sees me as this spoiled brat party animal dude with no sense of responsibility, I'm just giving him what he wants."

"Ikaw bahala." Maine replied. She lifted her fork and was about to get a hotdog when RJ suddenly screamed.

"UY HOTDOG KO YAN!"

Startled, Maine accidentally threw the fork away and stood up from her seat. RJ started laughing. Kirby, on the other hand, took the hotdog that Maine was about to take and ate it before they could stop him.

"IHHH!! ENEBE??? KALA KO NAMAN HOTDOG MO TALAGA, JUSKO!" she yelled at him and RJ just continued laughing. Maine picked up the fork and glared at RJ.

"Pag-inatake ako sa puso sige ka ... pag bumagsak ako dito sigurado malaking bukol yun."

"Maine, don't worry ... pag-nahulog ka ... sasaluhin kita."

"Ay ... ehe ... enebe? Weg ke nge."

--

"Are you sure hindi ka papasok today? Baka hanapin ka nila sa office."

"Lala, I'm sure. Let Dad choke, okay?" RJ replied. He then went into his room and closed the door so Maine wouldn't hear what they were talking about.

"How's Maine pala? Last week na niya kamo di ba? Anong balak mo niyan?"

"I don't know, Lala. I guess I'm just going treat her as well as I can. I'm going to lose my advantage as soon as next week. Ivan and I will be on the same page then, that's when the real competition begins."

"Kaya nga dapat ayusin mo na yung mga plano mo niyan. Iho, dapat ma-impress si Maine sa'yo."

"Lala, I know what to do ... okay?" RJ assured her.