Strange Wind

Storm looked at the branch she had perched on. It was a good 13 inches thick, and she just happened to fit on it. An icy breeze ruffled her feathers slightly, but she was used to it. The moon was high, morning would come soon.

"Gryphons of Everest!" The chieftain screeched. Storm and the others flew down to the circle of stones. The authority in her voice raised no denial, only obedience. Oneida looked at the gathered beasts. All sat on large stones, their feathers bathed in moonlight gave the circle a white-grey glow.

"You all know, we are in grave danger. Treyors are closing in. This is a serious threat." She looked at all of the shocked faces. "We...may have to...move our clan." She said slowly. "No! We'll never leave! This is our home!" Shocked and angry shouts came from the clan. "C-Calm-I-ye-CALM DOWN!" She screeched over the crowd. "We begin looking at next moon high. The Moontimber pack has agreed to help us." She cried.

The Moontimber pack was a mountain wolf pack. They had been across the whole range. The wolves were very large, and the alpha was little smaller than the chieftain.

Storm had been here her whole life...she wanted to stay here. She ran off, kicking snow on her tracks. She needed to think. She didn't even realize she ran to the border until she hit the treeline. She had never been this far.

She may very well be lost. She certainly didn't know which border it was. Hell, it could be the East or South border for all she knew. She didn't play attention to what she was told. She should have, though.

She had forgotten she could fly. I'm an idiot. She smiled, who forgets they have 5 foot wings on their back? She laughed as she took off. She soared over the mountain base, glancing at a cave. She kept flying. Eventually she came to the gryphon camp at the approximate middle of the mountain.

She was greeted by one of the Guard. Iberis, his name was. "Hello Storm. Stray to the border?" He lightly joked. She just nudged him with her wing. It was easy to see that they got along well. They were the best of friends, nothing could separate them. Hell, she'd fly to a human village to save him, and he'd do the same.

She walked through the gate, happy to see the snow falling. The hatchlings had left the nursery to play, and what a sight. They tumbled and rolled, snow flying everywhere. Not that it made a difference.