Male!Jesse X Reader: Cold

This was requested by phoenix_flier ^^ I'm sorry this one might be a bit short compared to my others and ended a bit abruptly but I really wanted to get this one finished up and posted ^w^ it's been a pretty rough week (and it's only gonna get rougher by the looks of it) but I really hope that this one is okay it does go on a bit of a tangent X3 please enjoy~! :3

- Ghost 

You forced back a shiver and burrowed further into the welcoming warmth of your coat with a sigh, your eyes trailing down to watch your breath rasp out in small, willowy wisps of air as you huffed. The morning cold nipped at your cheeks and nose, the sensation not too unfamiliar as your expression scrunched up at the feeling and you brought your hands up in a vain attempt to keep them warm as you shuffled further back against the bench; it was far colder than you had expected it to be, and with the winter weather finally settling in you almost wished you'd brought something more than just a coat to keep yourself warm, maybe a pair of gloves or a scarf - anything that could keep you warm would be welcome at this point - but in your defense you hadn't expected to be stuck outside for very long.

You were supposed to be meeting up with a friend you hadn't seen in a while, and whilst you'd thought that by the time you'd made it into town and to the meeting point they would have already been there you found yourself corrected upon seeing they were nowhere in sight. It had been shrugged off initially, after all it was still the early hours of the morning so you wouldn't have been surprised if they had overslept, so instead you had decided to take a seat for a while hoping you wouldn't have to wait long before they showed up.

Of course after hours of waiting the hope of them showing up at all was dwindling and at this point you had simply accepted the fact they probably weren't going to show up at all, and yet despite this you'd stuck around, taken to people-watching to pass the time for a while until you finally convinced yourself to just head back home. However even as you waited you felt your resolve cracking - the cold wasn't something you were unfamiliar with, it was actually a nice change from heatwaves and warmer weather, but every brush of wind was sending shivers through you and you could already feel your temperature dropping as if trying to match with the icy chill and the unpleasant sensation had you grumbling halfheartedly with a shake of your head.

"Why do I even bother..."

A familiar noise jostled you out of your thoughts and you immediately perked up, gaze darting down to your feet where all too familiar face stared back up at you, bundled up in a small fluffy scarf and you grinned, your momentary shock melting into relief. "Oh! Hey there Ruben; loving the outfit lil guy~!" Ruben snorted happily and turned to the side as if proudly showing off the scarf and you couldn't help but giggle at the cute display before you.

Leaning down you brought a hand down to pet the top of his head, smiling as he nuzzled into your hand for a little while as you mused. "So what're you doing here? Is someone with you?" he looked up at you and cocked his head with a snuffle and not even moments after the words left your lips you heard a voice call out.

"Ruben? Where'd you wander off to buddy?" you looked up just in time to catch Jesse turn the corner to face the two of you. He was dressed up far better for the cold weather than you were, wearing a thick coat, scarf and gloves and in his arms he juggled a few bag filled with miscellaneous items; his eyes locked onto you and you watched the confusion on his face melt into a surprised smile upon recognising you. "(Y/N)?"

"Hey Jesse - didn't think you'd be up this early" you greeted, quirking a smile in his direction as he approached you.

"We woke up too early and couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to get the shopping out of the way" He explained, motioning to Ruben as best as he could before turning back to you. "What about you?"