Act III

Cross sat in bed, happy to have made a new friend other than his current ones, but something seemed a bit... odd. Ever since Nix appeared, Nightmare has been gone for six days, which was even more so odd because Nightmare would usually tell them if he was on a mission or important business.

Deep down, Cross felt like Nightmare didn't care for any of them, but when he was told how Nightmare saved him from the previous fight with the Star Sanses, his perception widened a bit. He missed the presence of the dark overlord's negative aura, but was quickly replaced with worry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Nix jolted awake. Someone in the castle was having a bad dream. Even when he was in his corrupt state, it did not hinder his ability to care for his crew that much. He sighed, concentrating his energy to relieve Dust of whatever bad dream ailed him.

Nix felt the negativity being absorbed by his soul, and opened his eyes. He gasped, as he felt black ooze spilling from his eyesockets.

"NonononoNO!" He frantically yelled, and he felt the black ooze slowly taking over his body.

He prepared for a wave of negative emotions to hit him like an 18 wheeler...
But nothing came.

Opening both his eyes, he looked int the mirror, and was surprised at the sight that met him.

Instead of reverting to his corrupt form, his hands were the only part of his body that was stained black. Confused, he wondered what had happened.

He experimentally tried to recreate a skill he had thought to have lost, the skill to shapeshift.

He managed to recreate a form similiar to his corrupt state, and shrunk into his original form, grinning to himself. But something lingered in the back of his mind.

How the hell was he able to be uncorrupted?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream was sleeping soundly in his hammock until he felt something off. It was a powerful wave of raw emotion consisting of excitement and curiosity. He wondered what sort of being is sending such strong feelings from such a distance, especially an unknown area of the multiverse. He and his brother, Nightmare, were the only two embodiments of pure emotion; and it would be impossible if Nightmare was to become uncorrupted... Unless he had learned how to be selfless and learned to love.

Dream wondered the "what-ifs" and possibilities, but Dream shook the possibility of his brother becoming a better person out of his head. He knew his brother had always been easily jealous of others, and was stubborn as hell. Soon, Dream heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!"

It was Blueberry, and he looked concerned. " Um, Dream? We might have a problem with this uncharted area... There is a high possibility that the area might be Nightmare's secret hideout, and we just can't risk-"

" Blue, I think something is wrong with my brother. If what you are saying is true, well, with my emotional perception, I think that there is a high chance that my brother may have become uncorrupted.," Dream stated.

Blue was shocked at this news. " Wha-? But, but h-how?!"

"There was a curse that my brother inflicted upon himself, and when I was turned to stone, the spirit of the Mother Tree told me how to break his curse, but I thought it would be impossible!," said Dream, and he then looked confused.

" Who broke his curse, though?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Cross sleepily walked down the candlelit corridors that led to the dining room. He was awoken by the scent of waffles, eggs, and sausage. He knew that Dust and Error could cook, but damn, it smelled amazing.

Making his way into the kitchen, he looked towards the source of the heavenly aroma.

And saw Nightmare.

"S-senpai! You're home!"

"Hello to you too, Cross. ," Nightmare said, and calmly flipped over an egg in one pan, and waffles on the stoveside wafflemaker.

" Senpai, I didn't know you could cook!," Cross said, and peered over his shoulder.

"Cross, be a dear and gather up the others," Nightmare said, and Cross saluted.

"Wait, did you just ask something of me...politely?!," Cross exclaimed. Blushing, he walked with a new spring in his step.

"Oh, and Cross?"

"Yes, Senpai?"

"I'm going out today right after I make breakfast. You're in charge for today."

As Cross left, Nix shapeshifted back into his original form, set up the breakfast items on the table, and was about to teleport to his room when-

"Uh, boss?"

Nix froze, and turned around to see a slightly startled Horror.

"Shit"

"Heh, so it really is you, huh? Man, wait till I-"

" Tell ANYONE and you might as well pack your bags. You need to ask yourself, ' Do I really want to go back to constant resets in a world where it's eat or be eaten, or do I want to stay in the cushy lifestyle I have now?'," Nix said sweetly, which scared Horror. He has seen some fucked up shit, but his boss acting like this? It shook him.

"Now, do we have a deal?," Nix said in a sickening sweet way.

Horror nodded.

" Good," he said, and teleported to the guestbed next to Cross' room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------