the final chapter, REAL LIFE.

NEW YORK,UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

NEW YORK,
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
12TH JUNE.

VALERIE SHAW HAD MOVED FROM London to the Big Apple a few months ago. And though the city is always filled with life and laughter she hasn't found it in herself to fully adore New York yet.

     Her friends have told her that within a week she would've already transformed into a New Yorker. She had doubted it then and she had been proven right.

     Valerie sighs as she walks along the streets of Manhatten, crowded with tourists and habitants alike. The bright moon can be seen in the black sky and normally she loves the sight of it but tonight she seems to be annoyed by everything. Nothing seems to go right today — this morning she had spilled coffee onto a white skirt, in the afternoon her photoshoot had been what can only be called catastrophic and just a few hours ago Héctor had called to tell her he wouldn't be able to catch his flight tomorrow morning to visit her.

He is also the reason — and excuse — why Valerie still spends most of her time in England, instead of her new apartment here. Because of football, or soccer as the Americans weirdly call it, he isn't able to do a lot of things. One being moving to New York with her, the other not spending any time with her.

Because of that, she had called Natalia an hour ago to meet up with her at a bar, so that she could at least drink away some of her frustration.

Her friend had suggested a place in Soho and when Valerie arrives just before midnight, she immediately realises that she is terribly underdressed. HIDEAWAY is written at the fancy entrance in big, bold neon lights, making her want to shield her eyes from the blinding letters. Strangers, mostly men clad in dark suits, are waiting in front of the building, smoking, laughing, talking.

Next to them she seems like some high school girl instead of an accomplished actress. Dressed in yellow Converse, simple jeans and a sweatshirt, she doesn't look as special as everyone always makes me her out to be. Quickly, she covers her lips in a sparkly coat of dark red lipgloss, wanting to mask how she is actually feeling tonight; miserable.

     When she steps inside, a wave of alcohol hits her, making her cringe. Normally, Valerie isn't one to drink too much or get wasted on a Wednesday night but as she spots a very familiar face next to Natalia and Joe, her need to drown a shot hightens. Dacre Montgomery looks just as amazingly handsome as he did a few months ago, she decides and wants to turn around with every fiber of her being. Unfortunatelly, Joe is already throwing her a wide grin, hands waving wildy.

     As she comes nearer, Valerie sends Natalia a displeased frown before kissing Joe on the cheeks and giving Dacre an awkward hug.