||2.1||

༺༻
l o c a t i o n : h u m a n d i v i s i o n

"Heads up, big boy!" A girl calls and laughs as she throws the man a piece of newly baked bread. "Freshly stolen?" the man asks and lets out a snort - the girl laughs and agrees in reply. The lady ate her peice of bread- enjoying the man's company she met just a few months ago.

They met on the night she decided to run away from her home - abusive parents, wanted murder aka her brother and all the other shitty things that came with it. It had rained heavily that night yet, she pushed herself to run as fast as possible so her father won't catch up with her and permanently trap her inside the horrors of the four walls.

She pulls her side braid out of her face and tucks it behind her ear. Freckles dot her face and her skin, two shades darker from the man across her. Her body build proved she was ready to venture into the real world (even though she experienced it very harsly at her ex-home) - with a man.

The man's hair grew an inch longer than his usual and his past bright skin complexion was now a shade darker. He still had the same eyes, lips, features and attitude except he just never felt complete. As he chews the freshly baked (and stolen) bread - his mind would continue solving puzzles.

For some odd reason, he couldn't remember anything. His past, who he really was, why did he have a gunshot wound and every other thing that mattered. Luckily, he met this young lady who kind enough to offer him an adventure.

Just a month after meeting her, they grew close. He felt comfortable around her even if he wasn't comfortable with himself. For him, she made everything easy even if the world was kinda testing him.

In other words, he had grown to like her.

Yet, not as someone to stay with forever.

Everytime he tried to think what could possibly happen when either he or she pushes the boundary - his mind immediately stops and forces him to think of something else. As if it was another way of his brain telling him, in a stern voice, 'No, you don't need to think about that. Besides, she's not the one for you and she will never be.'

So, he just left it at that. He couldn't do much anyway.

He eats the last bite of his bread then, turns to Heeji. "Shall we go back home?" he asks and Heeji nods, eating her last bite as well. They both stand up and Luhan drapes one of his arms on her shoulders and pulls her closer - the familiar scent hitting him.

It didn't affect him at all though.

Yet, her, on the other hand, was a different story.

It was still unclear to her where Luhan came from - knowing that he has an amnesia. She leaned in closer to him and breathed in his scent - wonderful. She loved it.

On the night Heeji decided to run away, it was raining hard. So, she ran under the ripped tarp and met him there.

She first noticed how he looked. His skin was so pale compared to his at present and he was, Oh Lords, handsome. So, she took up some courage and went nearer to him and only then did Luhan truly realize the woman's presence.

"Hey.." She whispered gently against the hard drops of rain. He smiled at her and realized that she was shivering and out of nowhere - he pulled her towards him and encased her in his muscled arms. She let him though. That's how everything started.

Two lost people standing under the rain.

Sounds romantic, right?

On their way to their 'home', they talked about so many things. Planned so many ways on how to get more food and family to keep a roof over their head.

They laughed along the way as well, cracking a few jokes here and there. 'How's your day so far?' 'Pretty shitty, but I feel it would be more shitty if you weren't here'.

Once they reached their shanty, Luhan steps up and pushes the door open to their small, dilapidated house. A bed, table, two chairs, a radio and a screen. It was enough for them.

Luhan immediately collapses on their bed and falls asleep quickly - the long day took all his energy. Heeji lays beside him and instantly, his arms wrapped around her.

It was enough for her.

Yet, he searched for more.