Chapter Six | Love Notes

Cyprus wasn't in school the next few days

Cyprus wasn't in school the next few days. There were many speculations as to his disappearances but Estella knew he was just sick. She had forgot to give him her number once again, and was annoyed. She told herself, it was because of the school term was nearly over and there were only half way through the project, not because she missed him or something equally ridiculous. By Wednesday she had given up hoping to spot him in the crowd and made her way to class a little later than usual. She didn't bother stopping at her locker and went straight to class.

Estella found something on her desk when she arrived. The classroom was empty and she suspected it had been left there since yesterday. She was going to throw it away when she found a light blue post it note and her name on the cup. The cup was still hot. She read the note and smiled, knowing exactly who they were from. The cup was a hot chocolate, which she did enjoy, as she wasn't very fond of lattes and other caffeinated drinks. She recognised the handwriting, even though it wasn't signed.

Little star,

Thank you for walking me home.

Cyprus had been stuck at home until his parents deemed him fit to go back to school. He was still a little sick but well enough to return. The doctor had said something about acclimatising but he hadn't been paying much attention when all he wanted to do was sleep, which was exactly what he did for these past few days.

Today, he had got up early and bought Estella a cup of hot chocolate and written a little note for her to read. He had found a packet of cute blue post it notes in the shape of a star and used them. They reminded him of her and found the new nickname he had for her very fitting. He was going to first leave it at her locker but then he remembered what happened to all the gift. They simply disappeared and Aziza pointed out that a few boys took it upon themselves to remove them but he was yet to witness that. He decided to stay clear of her locker and leave it on her desk. He could only hope that she didn't toss it into the trash, without a second glance.

Cyprus arrived just in time to class to watch Estella toss the cup into the trash. Estella had already tucked his note in the back of the book away from prying eyes. She held back when she finally saw him walk into class, whilst Cyprus didn't. No one really took note of this development, thinking that Cyprus was just another fool to fall for her beauty but it didn't matter to him, because he knew he had made progress. He sat down in his usual seat next to her and greeted her.

"Hello, Little Star, what have I missed these past few days?" He asked, trying to keep himself from asking her if she missed him.

"Oh we did some work, here take a look," she replied, trying to hold back a blush at his use of her nickname. All her nicknames before had been mean and cold but this one was different. Cyprus took the book from her and started flickering through the pages of work. He noticed a blue corner sticking out the back of her book and took a quick peak to confirm his suspicions. It was his note. He didn't say anything, but he knew.

Estella silently prayed that he didn't notice the note at the back, it would lead to a conversation she didn't want to have. How was she supposed to know why she kept it? She was glad when he handed her book back without mentioning it. He probably didn't see it. She was lucky.

The school day continued as usual to everyone else. Estella once again forgot to give her number to Cyprus so wrote a quick note to give to him when she saw him or slide it into his locker later on. So far she had been unlucky and hadn't had a chance to catch a glance of him around school. She decided to slide it into his locker, she could always write down again for when she saw him.

She visited her locker and found her favourite chocolates waiting for her.,instead of ignoring it like usual, she decided to check who it was from; a secret admirer. She slipped the little card into her back and opened the chocolate to have a piece before putting it in her back. It was one of those Christmas special boxes.

She didn't realise the effects of her actions. Everyone was shocked by her actions. She had never taken any of her gifts before, let alone check them. One group was particularly mad at her actions. Someone was melting their Ice Queen's heart and they needed to find out before it's too late.

Meanwhile, Cyprus opened his locker and found a note waiting for him. Aliza snatched it from him before her could read it and started teasing him. "Awww, have you got a cute little love note waiting for you from your secret lover?"

"I like to think so, but I will have no idea until you let me read it," he replied, laughing at her teasing. She handed him the note and he opened. He smiled.

"Oh definitely a secret lover, I see that smile," she teased again.

"Shut up, Aziza," he replied. She spent the rest of the afternoon teasing him between classes but Cyprus was too happy to take any of it serious, after all, the note had been signed as 'Your Little Star'. 

~*~

Twinkle, twinkle little star.