I

Rare times were when Liam felt pathetic.

Ah, no. Liam felt pathetic most of time, but the situation in which he was right now made him realize just how much pathetic he was.

Liam Dunbar, sophomore student at Beacon Hills and recently single, was third wheeling his best friend Mason Hewitt and his new boyfriend Corey Bryant. The two were exchanging fond and shy glances, and Liam was certain they were secretly holding hands under the table.

And thus Liam did what he should have done an hour ago.

Liam cleared his throat, attracting the attention of the lovebirds.

"I just remembered that Scott asked me to meet him after lunch." He said as he got up to grab his bag. "Said it was important."

Mason, who had obviously understood his act, nodded with a small smile, "Alright man."

"See you in practice." Corey waved.

"Later."

The blue eyed teen let out a sigh, and then watched from the corner of his eyes as Mason and Corey were back at eye-fucking each other.

'Life sucks.' He thought, running a hand through his messy hair.

Don't get him wrong, Liam was neither envious of his best friend, nor irritated. Liam simply did not enjoy third wheeling.

Mason and Liam were bestfriends ever since he could remember. They were friends, brothers, two people who cared and stood for each other, and like Stiles liked to joke –two halves of a whole idiot.

Mason got acquainted to his longtime crush few months ago, and the two quickly hit it off and started dating. Corey was a good guy who made his bestfriend happy; Liam liked him a lot.

Unfortunately, Liam was not as lucky as Mason when it came to his love life. The teen had gone through a rough separation nearly two months ago; his girlfriend –sorry, ex-girlfriend, Hayden broke up with him before moving out of town.

Liam had known Hayden for several years, they had started off the wrong foot, but got the hatched buried last year and opted to get on with the sexual tension. Hayden was his first girlfriend; she was anything but the gentle and shy girl –heck, her punch could beat the monsters in common fairytales. And Liam loved her deeply, immensely.

Hayden was his everything, probably still is as he wasn't yet over her.

It came out of nowhere, one day they were making out, the next she was moving away. In spite of the shocking news and the distance, Liam was ready to make their relationship work, but Hayden called it quits.

And his world fell apart.

It took him several weeks to walk on his feet again; Mason, Scott, Stiles –everyone reached out to him and helped him through that hardship. It still hurt to think about it, to remember her, to know that they were no more, to grasp that their promises were purple delusions.

It truly hurt.

"People sleep at 'Good night baby, I love you', and I sleep at the sound of cats doing the deed." He sighed as he stood in front of the vending machine. Catching feeling right now was out of question, so Liam decided to eat snickers because he isn't himself when he's hungry.

His eyes travelled to the snickers section and glitter when he noticed there was one chocolate bar left. Liam hurriedly took coins out of his jeans pocket and tucked them in the vending machine, pressing on the required number.