Chapter 2

"Oh my God, I thought he'd never have it figured out."

"Are you sure?"

Stiles made a face, "Jackson said it himself yesterday."

That was the conversation Mason stumbled upon on a fine Tuesday morning. Everyone in the squad had weirdly the same free hour on Tuesday that they always spent together. Mason took a seat next to Lydia who was looking incredulous at her boyfriend –like everyone else. He wasn't sure who that Jackson was, but decided to keep tabs on the discussion because it seemed intense.

And that picked Scott's interest more than what his best friend had previously said. "He said? You've been talking with him?" To which the other simply shrugged.

"It just happened."

Lydia couldn't suppress the snort, "You used to have that annoyed look on your face whenever Jackson tried to even breathe in your direction, and now you're saying you've been nicely chatting with him?"

"I never said 'nicely chatting', anyway!" Stiles said, pushing it aside, even though he knew Scott will make him spit everything about it later on, "Jackson and Ethan are dating, this is the most interesting thing here."

"Why did all the guys in this squad turn gay?" Malia frowned, earning her a raised brow from Mason to which she shrugged.

"I'm not." Scott defended, and Malia sighed,

"Thank God, because we're dating."

It was Stiles turn to say, "I'm not too!"

There was a moment of silence and everyone's gaze fell on him. "What?" Stiles said, feeling offended and his girlfriend patted his back gently. But before he could retort anything, the sound of a bag hitting the table made everyone look up only to find a tired-looking Liam.

"Hey pup." Malia said eagerly. Right after Scott, Liam was perhaps her favorite human. He was an adorable small bean full of anger who was ready to go with her crazy plans anytime. She still remembered that one time he had helped her fill her asshole father's gigantic house with hundreds of cats; the not-so-poor allergic man spent a week at his nephew's as his house was being cleaned. But that wasn't the only reason she liked him; Liam was a good and loyal friend with genuine feelings. It wasn't everyday that you stumble on such people, but Malia did. She had found true friendships that last a lifetime.

"Hey there shirtless boy." Mason grinned as soon as Liam took a seat in front of him. The latter let out a muffled grown at the comment, putting aside his smoothie cup. Corey. Liam rolled his eyes; those two couldn't keep a thing to themselves.

Scott's eyes wandered between the two bestfriends, but it was Stiles who voiced out everyone's thoughts. "Why do I feel like there is an inside joke in there?"

Mason's smirk widened, "Because there is." And ignoring the warnings Liam was throwing him through his eyes, the other continued, "Yesterday Theo took Liam's shirt by accident from Corey's club locker, and after freaking out about it for almost an hour he decided to take one of Corey's to go home."

While Lydia and Scott found the small story entertaining, Malia grimaced. Unlike Liam, Theo was definitely not one of her favorite humans. More like, the one she disliked most right after her father. Because, hey? Who even likes Peter?

"Theo as in Theo asshole Raeken?" His voice a little higher than intended, Stiles asked, not understanding how his elementary classmate, whose very existence annoyed him, was related to the ever so sweet Corey. "What was he even doing by Corey's club locker?"