Part 2

"I think you should ask him out," Donna said.

Draco stifled a sigh and drawled, "Amazing, and here I was just thinking you ought to mind your own business."

"I'm pretty certain he fancies you," Donna went on.

Draco looked up from his inventory sheet, found Donna smirking and glared at her. "What's the count on the calming draughts?"

Donna pouted briefly and then looked over the neat rows of pale pink potions, all in unbreakable beakers, capped in a pale white waxy substance. "Twenty-nine."

Draco frowned at the untidy number but wrote it down. Some wizard brought in for questioning just had to have a breakdown and actually use one of his potions. If things were quiet he could arrange to brew just enough for one vial. It was fussy and unnecessary with his stock levels but he had a fondness for brewing reduced potions, if for no other reason than seeing if he could.

Dona's finger moved as she carefully began counting the next and last potion on their inventory. "Fifty wound-cleanse," she said.

"Perfect," Draco said absently, finishing the form and duplicating it before sending one down to admin and beginning to write out a schedule for the next weeks brewing based on their current inventory.

"He goes out of his way to have tea with you every day an' that's not easy for those auror types," Donna said, dropping down into the chair beside him.

Draco made a noise of acknowledgement, hoping she would drop it.

She did not.

"I know you fancy the tits off him," Donna went on.

Draco felt himself flush and cursed internally. He said stiffly, "I most certainly do not. I appreciate his friendship."

"And his arse," Donna grinned.

Draco felt the flush go red hot, "That is highly inappropriate and I-"

The door slammed open, "Raid's gone bad! You're needed on the ground now!" An auror shouted, only pausing long enough to throw them a cloth sack containing an emergency portkey.

Draco rushed to the cabinets, pulling out two bandoleers covered in cloth loops that perfectly fit vials he was already charming into them, antidotes, calming draughts, wound cleanse, burn heal, bone repair, deep sleep, and a great deal of blood replenishing potion. He pulled his bandoleer on, pushing the other in Donna's unresisting hands as he snatched up the portkey sack.

Donna's was shaking as she fumbled the potions over her chest, "I don't- I've never-!"

Draco acciod another calming draught, "Take a sip, follow my instructions. The worst of it will be over once we arrive.

Donna nodded, tapping the top of the vial with her wand, making the waxy substance disappear, and took rather more than a sip.

Draco gave her a disproving look and took the vial and a very small sip to calm his own nerves before opening the sack. He grabbed Donna's hand, "Lace your fingers with mine," he ordered. Once she had, he grabbed hold of the empty tin inside and they were pulled away and-

-landed with a sickening lurch in a street filled with smoke and the acrid smell of dark magic and blood. A high screeching wail like nails on a chalkboard rose behind them, signalling a massive magic rebound.

"Over here!" A voice yelled.

Draco ducked and pulled Donna with him to an overturned muggle bus that was providing cover for the injured. Weasley was in charge of the lot of them, his attention divided between what was happening further down the street and the junior aurors attempting to stabilise their comrades.