Part 5

Draco's shoes clicked across the polished marble floors of St. Mungo's, the sound seeming too loud in the quiet front hall. About half the chairs along the walls were filled, some with families, worry etched on their faces, and some with reporters, wearing the expressions of hungry jackals, notebooks and quick quills clutched in jittery hands. Draco ignored them all and was utterly ignored in turn. Luckily the press didn't seem to know he was involved in yesterdays fiasco.

He went to the cafeteria first and got a mug of hot water. He carefully put the little sachet of Harry's tea leaves in the hot water, watching the clock to make sure it was steeped for the exact time stated on the box.

"Mr Malfoy!"

Draco tore his eyes away from the clock, "Healer Maison," he tipped his head in greeting.

Maison pushed his glasses up with one hand as he approached, "Glad to see you! I've been through your work, several times in fact." He held out his hand and after a moment's hesitation, Draco took it. Maison shook it enthusiastically, "Brilliant work! A shame the hospital ignored it for so long. It's going to save a lot of lives."

Draco fell momentarily speechless, "Of-of course. I hope to continue improving it."

"A stasis spell that doesn't need a healer to cast it? It couldn't be much better!"Healer Maison went on excitedly, "The slowing of the metabolic process means that most damage can be healed-"

Draco glanced at the clock. Swearing silently at the time and carefully extracting the tea bag from the cup.

"-before it ever becomes a problem and on those wasting illness' that require stasis we will no longer have to worry about running our healers ragged and splitting their attention! In emergency situations-"

He added sugar and milk, stirred and put a preservation charm over the mug.

"-a potion can be administered at the scene or by a medi-witch without having to wait for a healer and those precious minutes can be enough to save a life, you know."

"Yes, well, if you'll excuse me I'm-" Draco said, turning to leave.

"Are you here to see Auror Rowena?" Maison asked.

"Potter, actually," Draco said.

Healer Maison straightened and gestured to the doors, "Ah! I was just headed that way myself. Shall we walk together?"

Draco would have quite gladly refused if had any clue whatsoever about where Potter was. He nodded, "After you."

Maison led the way from the cafeteria and through the maze of hallways and wards, all unnervingly silent until one of the silenced doors were opened to let out whatever horrid sounds lay beyond. Groaning mostly.

"The thing is, my boy," Healer Maison said as he finished waxing poetic about the possibilities of the deep sleep potion, "I was hoping you might have a few spare potions in your stock until we can brew our own and well..." he stopped by a door and pushed it open. Inside Row was arguing with a medi-wizard. She was half dressed and had been apparently ready to check herself out. Maison tsked under his breath, "might you consider teaching our potions master how to brew it properly?"

Draco grimaced but conceded,"I suppose... when I have time,"

Maison clapped his hands together, "Excellent! I shall owl you to arrange matters. Now!" he stepped into the room, the door drifting slowly shut behind him, "Miss Rowena. You will not be leaving just yet. We will tie you to the bed if we have to-"

Draco stepped away from the door. The presence of the warm mug in his hands finally reminded him of what he was supposed to be doing, and he looked around for some clue of Harry's whereabouts. All the rooms were quite unhelpfully lacking any name placards.