Chapter 7

It wasn't as easy as she had thought it would be. It seems that the bitch had taught her useless mate somethings. She did enjoy making her job challenging. But she got onto the land. Though her injuries made it harder. The pain helped sharpen her senses. Get past the wolves with a team.

She made the signal and soon they were running. Her Rouges got prepared. The fight. 

Oh they all look the same. But for the Blood Hunter pack, they are the harder target. Which is why we have more wolves. Expendables.

I stayed out of the fight, careful of my every move. I forced myself not to laugh at how easily she stepped into my plan.

Katrina's P.O.V.

Rouges. I let out a growl and changed my clips before shooting. "You have interchangeable weapons?" Grant asked as I tossed him one of my two hand guns. 

"These burn out after 6 Rounds Grant. Make them count." I grunted as my went dead. I pulled out my daggers and went into attack mode. At one point I noticed where the scream came from and stopped. "Maddie!"

'Kia! Justin! Get Madeline out of here! Now!" I yelled through the pack link. The two were closest two her and immediately fought their way through a couple of Rouges to get to the girl.

I saw a Rouge clamp onto Grants front leg and a vicious growl cut through the fight. I shifted and lunged at the Rouge. He had barely enough to time to register what was happening before I crashed into him. He's a good fight I'll give him that. But so am I. And with most of the Rouges taken care of I let some of Grant's pack have fun with this one while I went to my mate. I whimpered at the bloody bite and lick it. I know you're saying gross but it's a wolf thing. And you're mate's saliva helps the healing.

He rubbed his snout against the side of my head affectionately. 'Are you hurt?'

I shook my head and continued to clean the wound on his leg. "We got her." Justin said coming towards us with a frightened looking Madeline.

I ran my nose along Grant's neck before shifting back. "Good," I brushed hair out of the girl's face. "Are you okay?" She was shaking badly and I could see she was weak and had a few injuries from the fight and probably before it. "Justin, take her to the pack doctor, Trina can you get her some clean clothes and clothes for Kia and Tristan?"

Both nodded and joined the other wolves going back with some staying to deal with bodies. I went over to Grant and hugged him. "Are you okay, Grant?" He nodded his head and I smiled. "Come on, I grabbed you clothes so you can change in our room."

'Shame, I'd rather being taking clothes off in our room.' 

I felt my cheeks reddened at his response and he let out a wolf laugh. "Bad Grant!"

I could see the amusement in his eyes all the same.

§•§•§•§•§

"They moved me around a lot. I don't know how often. It was always dark. And they kept me in basements. It feels like I've been gone for years. They would t-torture and kill... they would beat us. Until I was knocked out. I had gotten out and I came here. I thought that you could help. But they found me... Everyday they'd come down. So many wolves, just d-d-dead."

"Hey, hey, it's okay Madeline." Kia said. 

I stood against a wall as Maddie told her story. About when they kidnapped her. And how she escaped and made her way here but then being attacked. My eyes connected with Trina's standing  across the room behind Madeline. Understanding flashed between us. Something about his is off. I don't trust Madeline. And Trina got the same feeling. Her story felt planned.