Chapter 51 - Melody's Meeting

Author's Note: Sheep- I'm sorry if this chapter took so long. I'm just so busy! And I'm expected to be even busier. I'm handing this over to Wolf to update and hopefully it'll keep on going. See you guys soon. Please be patient for the upcoming chapters. It'll take awhile again. I'm so sorry. Meanwhile, enjoy! 

Chapter 51 – Melody’s Meeting

Melody:

“Uh, how do you do this question?” I asked my classmate, Pris, as I handed my math book to her.

I was in the library with Pris studying. Well, technically I was doing my homework. At this time of the day – lunchtime, the library is quite empty. But strangely, today had a couple more students than the usual nerds we see around every Tuesday. Even with the couple more students, the library was still quite. I guess it could be that the librarian, Mrs. Boggs is a strict one.

Pris looked at the question and frowned, “I don’t know man.”

I knew it was a bad idea to ask Pris. She was never good in math. I remembered she failed the math test a few days ago. I guess I can’t really rely on Pris when it comes to math. But what can I say? I was desperate and who’d knew she wouldn’t know how to do it? Figures, if I can’t do it, what makes me think she can? Sigh…

“Bummer. Oh well it’s okay.” I said.

Noticing that I was rather disappointed, she said, “Hey don’t give me that look. I’ll ask someone for you.”

She began to scan the library for someone she knows so she could ask them.

“No, Pris. It’s really fi-“ I was cut short as Pris snapped her fingers to get someone’s attention. She called out, “Sophie! Could you come here for a bit? My friend needs help in this math question.”

Suddenly, the whole library fell silent. Is it me or does this ‘Sophie’ person give off some kind of creepy aura?

I heard the approaching footsteps of this supposed ‘Sophie’ and somehow, my heart began to race has the footsteps got louder and louder. Eventually it stopped and I froze. I felt an arm go across me from behind and the left arm placed on the table. I felt someone breathing down my neck. I didn’t dare move an inch.

I looked at Pris and she stared at me before asking Sophie, “So how do you do question five?” Pris passed the book to me.

There, I see the left hand of Sophie point at the equation and explaining it to me. Firstly, her voice sounded fairly deep for a girl supposedly our age. Curious, I decided to turn my head to see the face of this ‘Sophie’.

I turned slowly to my left and I see her face so close to mine. Her features were flawless. Her skin looked so smooth. Her ‘beauty’ captivated me, though I don’t think that’s an appropriate word to use considering that she has really short hair. I reckon she’s a butch but then again, how can such a person look so cute?

I was in awe and definitely not listening to Sophie explaining the question. After she was done, I heard Pris calling my name. I snapped back into reality, “Huh? No, I still don’t get it.”