Home alone

The two girls were inside and immediately Belle went to tinkering with her schematics for a machine to help chores go by much easier. "Anything you need me to do my dear sister?" Catherine chirps as she looked over Belle's shoulder, Belle looks at her sister briefly before going back to her schematics. "Can you grind up some herbs and flower petals for me?" She asked her dear sister as she nodded. Catherine and Belle both went to work on what needed to be done, with little effort and a lot of work they got the machine to the laundry pool. "Alright I'll leave you to this while I tend the Garden?" Catherine questioned as Belle smiled softly as she hooks up her machine. "That sounds like a fair trade off, I'll see you at home Catherine" Belle says with a soft smile.

With that Catherine was on her way home lost in her own thoughts til she bumped into Lefou. "Oh pardon me Lefou I wasn't paying attention" Catherine says as she looked at the slightly over weight male. "Ah it's alright Catherine, but might I ask where you're heading? I usually see you and Belle side by side most of the times..." Lefou states as Catherine smiled. "Always on the look out I see... but I'll have you know I'm on my way home to tend to the Garden, divide and conquer you know" Catherine says with a happy tone that was until she heard Gaston talking to himself through a mirror once again. "I swear Lefou you have a patience of a Saint with that man" She states as Lefou laughs.

"And you're honestly to pure for this world for seeing the good in everyone Catherine" Lefou smiled as Catherine blushed at the statement. "Merci...." Catherine muttered as Lefou smiled and pats her shoulder slightly. "I'll see you at the bar tonight? Everyone will be there and I would like if one of my friends other then Gaston being there...." Lefou asked and gave a hopeful look. If she was Belle she would have declined immediately since Gaston was there but Catherine believed in second chances and giving everyone a fair try, even if the seemed boorish in nature. "If I can get everything done I'll see if I can go" Catherine said with a soft smile as Lefou grinned wide. "Merci Catherine, I hope to see you there!" He said gleefully and walked off.

Catherine shook her head and went on with her walk and made sure to avoid Gaston. Though the two didn't talk much , it was obvious that Catherine didn't want to talk with Gaston for he would always go on and on about either the war or how badly he wants her sister. Those options just did not mash well together and made Catherine very uncomfortable. She couldn't help but shiver at the though as she made it to the cottage and began to tend to the garden. She felt relaxed as she sang softly to herself, ignoring the world as she was lost in a daydream.

As Catherine little song ended she heard a basket with what she could assume was wet clothes splat to the ground. Startled Catherine looked up to see a frustrated Belle being pursued by Gaston, "Belle! I heard you had trouble with the headmaster! He never liked me either" Gaston boasts as If to get on Belle good side. Catherine rolled her eyes at that as Belle left where the gate and Catherine were to go to the house as Gaston continued. "Can I give you a bit of advice about the villages Though? They're never going to trust the kind of change you're trying to bring" He says smiling  as he goes through the cabbage patch to get to Belle. Catherine groaned as Belle snaps back at Gaston "all I wanted to do was teach a child to read" she says  as Gaston retorts "the only children you should concern yourself with are your own..". Catherine groans and ignored Gaston rant as she picked up the broken cabbages. To throw into compost pile since they were no longer good now, "There goes some of my hard work" Catherine mutters as she turned only to be face to face with Gaston.

She yelps in surprise and nearly dropped what she had in her arms, "Don't do that Gaston!" Catherine snaps as he looked at her and then back at the house. "Belle?" He said confused as Catherine groans. "Does it look like I'm Belle?" She said in a sarcastic tone. "Ah you're her twin sister....uh Catherine correct?" Gaston asked as Catherine just nodded half heartedly. "Give a prize to the winner" she mutters as she moved past him to the compost pile and dumped the ruined cabbage. Gaston smirks at that but soon took his leave obviously getting the hint that he was not wanted here anymore. "He left" Catherine says to the door as Belle came out, "Can you imagine me, the wife of that boorish, brainless..." Belle started as she began to sing and rant, which she tended to do when she had a bad day in the village. Catherine sighed and let her be as she knew her sister would eventually cool down.

Later that evening once Belle came home and was now relaxing, Catherine got on one of her nicer dresses and looked at herself in the mirror. "Where are you going?" Belle asked confused. "I promised Lefou I'd meet him at the bar..." Catherine admits as Belle seemed surprised by this. "Alright.....but be careful Catherine.... I'm a bit skeptical by the sudden Generosity" Belle said giving a nervous look as Catherine smiled as she heads to the door. "Don't worry Belle I'll be fine... You worry about me to much like papa" Catherine says with a smile. "You're so pure Catherine I don't want anyone to taint your positive attitude ". Catherine merely shook her head and gave her sister a big hug, she knew her sister worried a lot and would always be stubborn. "Stop worrying I'll only be gone an hour " Catherine says to her sister as Belle nods a bit and watched Catherine leave to have fun with Lefou.