Chapter 2: Make a Wish

A/N: Hello all! I know I said I would only be posting one chapter and then I would wait to see if anyone wanted to read more, but I couldn't help myself so have another chapter. I hope you like it so far! ^.^

----------------------------------------------------

Beep...... beep...... beep

Savannah hummed and giggled to herself as she folded origami cranes in her bedroom. She remembered how she loved making them. She wanted to make a thousand of them. A thousand cranes meant you could have a wish granted. She was hoping to get one right at that moment.

She looked up at the sound of her door creaking open and smiled at the face that smiled back at her.

"Hi, Daddy!" she giggled.

"Hey there, Banana!" he chuckled.

Banana. He always called her that ever since she was little. 'Because you're sweet, versatile, and born at the top!' he told her.

Beep...... beep...... beep

He walked over and sat down next to her. "How are you doing with your first wish?" he asked.

"I'm on my last one!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"That's great! What are you going to wish for?"

She placed her hand under her chin in thought. She smiled when she found her answer.

"I will wish for love to always be there for us. Love is the best thing in the world, and we always need it. That's what I'll wish for." she said with a hint of pride.

Beep...... beep...... beep

Her expression turned to confusion when she noticed her dad was crying. He pulled her into a tight hug, which only confused her further. "Daddy?" she asked with uncertainty.

"That's the most beautiful thing I have ever heard you say." her father choked out. "I am so proud to have a daughter as kind-hearted as you."

Savannah closed her eyes, hugging her father back as tightly as she could, the unfinished paper crane still clutched in her tiny fingers. The whole world went dark and fell away as she spoke.

"I love you, Daddy."