Chapter 20

Bucky was crimson... and he still didn't look half as bad as Steve.

Apart from the tv blaring in the background, you'd have been able to hear a pin drop in the room, which says a lot. No one could draw their eyes away from the two super soldiers.

"Did I say that ? ...Out loud ?" Bucky murmured.

Everyone nodded their heads in unison. Not even Natasha could think of anything else to say.

"You have been keeping it a secret for long enough, it's about time everyone knew." You piped up.
Everyone turned around to face you, even Steve and Bucky, and it was your turn to feel embarrassed and in the spotlight."

"You knew about the two of them ?!" Clint almost shrieked.

"Oops."
You were never supposed to know about the two of them. It was just a wrong place, wrong time situation... or a right place, right time situation, depending on how you look at it. But either way, you found out about the two of them. From that moment forward you'd sworn to never tell anyone about the two of them, or the fact you'd known from the beginning. You guessed it was a little late for that now.
The silence lingered on as tension built up like building blocks as everyone shifted their gaze, waiting for someone else to speak first.

"Not even Natasha knew about this and she's both of their best friends. And may I add, she's an elite master assassin/spy," Tony stated, leaning against the wall as if all this information was going to make him swoon.

You shrugged your shoulders.
"I didn't voluntarily find out... I just stumbled upon them and promised to keep my mouth shut about the matter."

"I want details ! Spill." Natasha smiled. It was the type of smile that if it creeps onto someone's face, you should run...And run far.

"Shall I make popcorn ?" Clint joked.

Everyone turned to look at you as if you were about to unveil the eighth wonder of the world. You felt awkward about just remembering the event, never mind explaining it to everyone, especially in the presence of Steve and Bucky.

"Come on guys." Steve said, holding his head in his hands.

"Were all adults here." Natasha smiled. "-maybe except Tony."

"That is deeply offensive and very rude." Tony stated. You saw him trying to keep the smile off his face and watched as he failed miserably.

"Come on then (Y/N)! Spill the details." Natasha beamed.

"...I'm going to get a shower, I'll leave you to debate on the details of stucky." You said.

"STUCKY ?! I heard someone say stucky !" Sam burst into the room like a falcon, no pun intended, and smiled from ear to ear with this new 'news' that had been mentioned.

"Stucky! I ship it." Natasha and Clint joked.

"Well as much as I ship it, all I'm seeing here is that everyone's in cute relationships and I'm in a three-way with pizza and sleeping." Clint remarked.

In all the confusion and jokes that were flying left, right and centre, you managed to slip out the room. Tony followed and you both walked side by side down the corridor.

"Captain America and the Winter Soldier." Tony stated, slipping his hands into his pockets.
You nodded and carried on walking side by side towards the elevator.